Project Origination Director
ALLETE Clean Energy specializes in developing, acquiring and managing clean and renewable energy projects. We seek opportunities to develop or acquire mid-size capital projects for electric utilities, cooperatives, municipalities, independent power marketers and large end-users across North America. We're open to all types of business relationships including joint ventures and projects fully owned by ALLETE Clean Energy or our customers.
Depends on qualifications
40 hours per week
- Identifies, evaluates, and pursues acquisition and other growth opportunities for existing or expansion business ventures
- Plans and leads key projects and teams involved in business development efforts; uses financial models to analyze and assess information relating to investment prospects and strategies; negotiates a variety of agreements and plans
- Uses initiative and current/emerging processes to develop ideas and project tactics.
- Highly effective at developing strong relationships and rapport with potential acquisition candidates, electricity offtakers, existing and new business partners, referral sources, and other industry participants
- Implements operational plans, which support the company’s strategies, identifies market segment growth opportunities, and develops and sells profitable products and services desired by counter-parties and specific customers within the segment to maximize revenues
- Requires a high level of leadership and interpersonal skill to develop and enhance working relationships with counter-parties and to advocate for customer needs with the company
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Advanced degree and/or professional licensures (MBA, CPA, PE, etc.) desirable.
- Minimum of eight years of directly related energy experience, including project development and or business development experience.
- Strong record of success closing energy transactions.
- Knowledge of energy markets, with emphasis on renewable energy. This includes familiarity with regulatory policies, rates and tariffs, electric transmission, pooled markets, natural gas power and renewable energy generation technologies including wind and solar.
- This position may be subject to assessment of skills, job match and/or aptitude.
- Abiliy to travel up to 40%, or as the job requires.