Project Supervisor, Vegetation Management
Minnesota Native Landscapes, Inc. (MNL) was founded in 1998 as an Ecological Restoration company that specializes in the preservation and restoration of native plant communities throughout Minnesota and the Midwest. Our dedicated staff has experience designing, installing, and maintaining native ecosystems for: government entities, corporate campuses, energy providers and distributers, and the general public. In addition to our extensive service offerings, we also produce a wide variety of native plants and seed. MNL operates out of three locations in Minnesota, with our headquarters just off I-94 in Otsego. For more information, please visit our website at www.mnnativelandscapes.com. Join us in our mission to heal the earth by positively impacting 10 million acres by 2030!
Minnesota Native Landscapes, a leader in ecological restoration, has an opening for a Project Supervisor, Vegetation Management at its Otsego, MN location. This is a full-time, year-round benefits eligible position.
The Project Supervisor, Vegetation Management serves as the liaison for long-term site management between internal departmental employees and energy customers. The Project Supervisor, Vegetation Management is responsible for oversight of the company's long-term vegetation management for all renewable energy projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates with departmental staff to conduct project work while ensuring that the company's operational standards are maintained.
- Provides customer quotes.
- Maintains and updates customer information as well as recognizes customers.
- Sends out and tracks invoices which need to fall within all contractual terms and budgetary constraints.
- Conducts site investigations and reporting.
- Tracks, records and accurately summarizes completed work.
- Oversees field crew work to ensure that proper customer and company safety protocols are being followed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Ecology, Biology, Wildlife Management, Botany, Environmental Studies, Natural Resources Management or Construction Management or related fields; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3+ years of project management experience.
- 1+ year of ecological restoration experience preferred with a desire to further learn how vegetation management is intertwined with ecological restoration.
- Basic understanding of vegetation maintenance, including the company's departmental pricing.
- Ability understanding each customer's contractual terms and grow the company's energy portfolios.
- Basic computer knowledge, including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, as well as knowledge of Bluebeam Revu, Procore, ArcGis.
- Organized mindset with attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have reliable transportation for site visits.
- Demonstrated success with living the company's values of passion for the mission, positivity, excellence and innovation.
- Able to work outside of normal business hours to respond to customers and crews.
- Able to travel to various worksites within the state as needed with occasional overnight stays if required.
- Must be able to work in varying weather conditions, including extreme heat and extreme cold.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Utilizes basic office equipment, including phones, printers and copy machines.
See Primary Duties
Qualified candidates should complete an online application at: