At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives. With $33 billion in sales, our 93,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.
- Site leadership of division Quality Management Systems (QMS) and deployment of Quality playbook and House of Quality methodologies. Directs and engages manufacturing sites with respect to customer product and service complaint corrective actions and customer notifications
- Leading internal and external audit activity and Corrective and Preventive Action (CAPA) for EMD and EMD’s suppliers. Participates in supplier selection and management process.
- Collaborating with product development and manufacturing team to develop quality plans for New Product Introduction.
- Coaching other technical employees in specific project areas and quality issue resolution.
- Engagement with external customers to define technical requirements and find solutions.
- Provides support for customers requiring special certificates and Quality statements and surveys.
- Maintaining quality data, identifies process and product opportunities, and pursues continuous improvement through DMAIC methodology. Understand sources of variation and control within Value Streams
- Establishing and cultivating a network of support such as laboratory, manufacturing, engineering, sales, marketing, legal, corporate quality, and external quality resources American Society for Quality (ASQ) to facilitate completion of assignments. Multinational or global interactions may be required.
- Possess a Bachelor's degree or higher (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution
- Minimum of two (2) years of quality experience in a private, public, government or military environment
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) or related discipline from an accredited institution
- Lead Auditor Certification
- Green Belt or Black Belt Certification
- Ability to develop and implement Quality Systems
- Ability to create, lead and work in a global cross functional team atmosphere
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to effectively present ideas and host quality audits
- Microsoft Office proficient, Minitab a plus