Real Estate Land & Title Specialist
Geronimo Energy is a utility-scale wind and solar energy developer based in Edina, Minnesota. Geronimo has developed multiple operating wind farms and solar projects throughout the United States. Collectively, over 3,000 megawatts of Geronimo-developed renewable energy projects are either operational or currently under construction. Geronimo has a multi-gigawatt development pipeline of wind and solar projects in various stages of development throughout the United States.
Hourly; The position offers competitive pay based on experience.
Office Hours: 8:30am - 5:30pm
Geronimo Energy is currently seeking a candidate to fill the role of the Real Estate Land & Title Specialist within our Real Estate Department as a 6-month contractor (open to contract renewal after 6 months). The job will consist of a wide variety of real estate origination activities, including but not limited to title searching, examining, abstracting and document preparation
- Organize and maintain the initial parcel & landowner data provided to originate and develop renewable energy projects (from county, GIS, tax rolls, etc.) as assigned.
- Search the public records for vesting instruments and other documents to identify each parcel and landowner for assigned projects.
- Coordinate search work with third party abstractors, lawyers, recorders and researchers, as needed.
- Examine vesting instruments and other recorded documents following title industry and company standards (to gain certainty of full and complete interest).
- Prepare and proof leases, easements, purchase options, and other origination associated documents to provide to development team.
- Work directly with the Land & Title Wind Origination Manager, project managers, land agents, real estate team members, landowners, legal representatives, LPM contacts, third party abstractors, and outside vendors.
- Create and maintain landowner files, tracking spreadsheets, LPM data and Basecamp as needed.
- Travel to various counties and states for public records research and landowner meetings (not to exceed 25%).
- Manage and address ongoing new and revised document requests and maintain up to date status reports on project completion, as requested.
- Perform other duties as requested, including but not limited to project closings, data and contract management, large mailings, and real estate trainings.
- 3+ years title/searching or related paralegal experience preferred
- Knowledgeable in title standards & legal descriptions
- Notary Public
- Team player with willingness to learn new tools.
- High School diploma or GED
- Attention to detail
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office Suite and Excel software