Clean Energy Job Board
Real Estate & Permitting Specialist
Impact Power Solutions, LLC is a full-service clean energy development company. For over 30 years, we have worked to deliver customers solutions ranging from rooftop installations to multi-megawatt community solar gardens. Our company’s purpose is, and always has been, to build a better future by providing access to renewable energy.
Information not provided
40 hours per week
The mission of this role is to support the company’s community solar development efforts by securing land use permits and helping guide our development efforts into areas with compatible land use laws.
• Determine what land use permits are necessary, prepare permit applications and obtain all supporting materials.
• Coordinate with engineering and environmental contractors to assure submittals satisfy all relevant land use rules. • Attend public hearings and meetings with neighboring property owners to assure that projects are completed in a positive and respectful way.
• Maintain relationships with key permitting jurisdictions to prevent solar moratoriums or other adverse land use laws. • Help guide jurisdictions without existing solar ordinances towards future solar development.
• Help prepare real estate contracts to support the development team.
• Gather community input and permitting authority concerns. Adapt the application accordingly.
• Help guide development efforts into areas with compatible land use laws.
• Identify community concerns and project opponents to head them off beforehand.
• Strong organizational skills, including capability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Ability to quickly adapt to changing circumstances and needs.
• Strong written communication skills, including drafting and negotiating contracts.
• Strong public speaking skills, including speaking to hostile audiences to persuade individuals who are initially opposed to developments.
• Strong problem solving skills
• Candidate must align with IPS’s purpose: to build a better future by providing access to renewable energy. • Candidate should familiarize themselves with IPS’ core values and determine whether they are a company fit: https://ips-solar.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/IPS-Core-Purpose-Values.pdf
• Having environmental or landscape design experience, or general design experience in AutoCAD or a comparable software is preferred.
• Must possess basic Microsoft Office proficiency (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc).
• Must be comfortable with digital communication including email, text, virtual meeting software, etc.
• Required: Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field
• Preferred: J.D. Degree or Paralegal Certificate strongly preferred
1+ years of real estate development experience, 1+ years of solar or wind development experience