Are you ready to take your leadership potential to the next level with a growing Fortune 500 company? Xcel Energy is at the leading edge of an industry that is changing quickly. We’re seeking dynamic, proven leaders to help guide us into this exciting energy future. If you’re looking to lead at a company that is committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship, with plenty of room to grow, consider a position at Xcel Energy.
During the COVID-19 Pandemic this position may require the ability to temporarily work remote within the company service territory until company protocol dictates return to the office criteria has been met.
Administer the rules, regulations, practices, and procedures of the regulatory agencies that have jurisdiction over Xcel's operations in a manner that ensures compliance with regulatory requirements. Responsible for acting as Xcel's liaison with regulators and for promoting positions that support Xcel's corporate and business unit strategic objectives.
- Attend regulatory agency functions such as open meetings, workshops, and hearings with issues of interest to Xcel. Initiate and maintain high level of credibility and interface with Staff members of regulatory agencies and be able to discuss a wide range of issues related to each jurisdiction. Prepare summaries of regulatory activities and position papers; make oral briefings to executives, management, and employees.
- Interpret tariffs, commission rules and procedures, and apply corporate policy regarding tariff provisions to ensure corporate compliance with regulatory rules and procedures. Identify and track compliance requirements in Xcel's jurisdictions; make compliance filings as required.
- Maintain master regulatory reporting, filing, and related customer communication and system requirements for assigned jurisdictions. Maintain status report of all filed cases and provide report(s) to internal customers.
- Provide accurate, timely calendars of events; post meeting, workshop reports, tariffs, and other regulatory affairs materials on the internal Intranet; coordinate external internet postings; participate in workshops and draft written comments as assigned.
- Develop and prepare compliance tariffs, applications, advice letters, legal notices, and reports for filing and approval with regulatory agencies.
- Administer customer protection regulations and seek resolution of all formal customer complaints filed with regulatory agencies by researching complaint, negotiating with customers and regulators, preparing formal responses, and directing preparations for litigated complaint proceedings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS in Regulatory Policy, Business, English, or related discipline or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- A minimum of three years experience in a similar role preferred
- Strong computer skills, and demonstrated experience with software such as Word, Excel, Access, and FrontPage
- Experience with Documentum preferred
- Requires day travel, periodic overnight travel, and frequent overtime
Follow instructions at the link.