Relationship Manager 2 - Renewables
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
The Associate will support Corporate & Investment Banking's Renewables team, which is a subgroup within Wells Fargo's Energy & Power Group. The Renewables team is a fast growing group within the bank and supports Wells Fargo's commitment to deploy $200 Billion of capital into renewable energy and sustainable activities by 2030. The Renewables team is focused on supporting a wide range of clients in the North American clean power sector, including renewable energy developers, independent power producers, and infrastructure funds. In addition to traditional Corporate Banking offerings, the Renewables team provides highly structured project finance lending solutions for solar farms, wind farms, gas-fired power plants and transmission assets in both the bank and debt private placement markets. The Renewables team's project and asset finance lending solutions focus on providing debt capital to both fully contracted power assets and more merchant power assets, including power assets with financial hedges and basis risk.
The candidate will assist with the underwriting, structuring and execution of new, complex bank and capital market financial solutions, which may be focused on non-recourse construction financings, acquisition financings and asset / corporate-level refinancings as well as routine renewals and portfolio management. He/She will be an integral part of the entire execution process, including writing credit request memorandums, creating or adapting complex cash flow models, performing risk analysis and due diligence with independent consultants / legal counsel, providing presentations to credit committee and coordinating with product partners. He/She will also monitor the credit quality and compliance needs of the growing credit portfolio.
The candidate also works with the relationship team to develop effective calling strategies for existing clients and prospects. The candidate will engage directly with clients as well as with the credit committee, product partners and outside counsel.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
• 2+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: underwriting, credit, relationship management, portfolio management, equity or venture capital investing experience; or successful completion of Wholesale Credit Management Training Program
• Strong accounting skills and ability to analyze financial statements
• Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
• Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
• High level of initiative and accountability
• Intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) skills Other Desired Qualifications
• 3+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: Power market or power hedges; Project finance at a bank or a developer; Leveraged finance, infrastructure fund or investment banking with a focus in power or energy
• Experience creating, auditing and/or revising complex cash flow models
• Experience working with independent engineers, independent market consultants and legal counsel on project finance transactions
• Knowledge of accounting and valuation methodologies
• Encourages a collaborative and team-oriented work environment
• Experience with tax equity structures, including partnership flips
Follow instructions at the link.
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.