Clean Energy Job Board
Renewable Energy Engineering Technician
Excellence Through People! Take your career to the next level by working with energetic, talented, and forwarding-thinking colleagues who share common values and a mission of helping colleagues achieve their goals. Work for a company that gives you a platform to do amazing things.
What We Are Looking For:
PSE Energy Resources group specializes in designing fun, challenging, rewarding, and high-profile renewable energy projects. We pride ourselves in striving to be an industry leader for the benefit of our clients and colleagues. We are looking for a well-rounded individual to assist in the delivery of multidisciplinary Solar Photovoltaic (PV) and Battery Energy Storage System (BESS) projects through their feasibility, pre-construction, and construction phases with specific focus on the electrical design aspects of projects. We are seeking a creative, intelligent, entrepreneurial, and driven individual who enjoys a fast-paced and challenging environment. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing team and a culture that promotes continual employee growth and development.
$40,000 - $50,000, plus discretionary annual bonus potential
What You Will Be Doing:
- Design commercial and utility-scale PV solar systems, energy storage, and microgrid projects between 100kW and 100 MW+ in size. Projects include both standalone storage and storage plus solar
- Assembles drawings using AutoCAD
- Analyzes engineering sketches, specifications, and related data and drawings to produce the final product
- Assist in developing energy production models in PVSyst, Helioscope, etc.
- Assist in developing power system models in SKM, ETAP, etc.
- Completes tabs and populates information in proprietary customer software
- Completes permitting process with local authorities
- Coordinates with customers on all aspects of the project
- Reviews design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, client requirements, and related specifications.
- Evaluates and approve design changes, specifications, and drawing releases
- Control expenditures and hours within limitations of the project budget
- Establish and maintain ongoing client relationships within the industrial and renewable energy industry
- Work in a cooperative fashion with other PSE team members to improve our efficiencies and work product
- Employ strong project management and client and vendor relationship building
Knowledge and Skills
- High School Diploma with certifications in Computer Drafting/Design or an associate of applied science degree
- Proficiency with AutoCAD, Revit, SKM Power Tools, ETAP, and MS Office Suite
- The candidate shall be self-motivated and have experience in developing construction bid documents for commercial and industrial facilities
- Working knowledge of applicable NEC, IEEE, and ANSI standards is highly preferred
- Eligible to work in the United States without visa sponsorship
PSE IS ALWAYS ON THE LOOKOUT FOR THE INDUSTRY’S BEST AND BRIGHTEST TO JOIN OUR TEAM.
We encourage you to send your resume, cover letter, and position you would like to apply for to [email protected] We look forward to hearing from you!
Power System Engineering is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, religion, color, ancestry, or national origin or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities, and general treatment during employment.