Residential Energy Advisor
Franklin Energy is a leader in energy efficiency, demand response, and other distributed energy resources. Franklin Energy partners with utility, state and municipal clients nationwide and into Canada to implement turnkey demand side management programs for education, residential, multifamily, small business, agricultural, and large commercial and industrial markets.
Commensurate with experience
- Promote the energy efficiency program to customers and trade allies within assigned territory.
- Traveling up to 75% of the time with overnights throughout Minnesota.
- Complete whole-home energy assessments for residential customers, ranging from a high-level walk-through to a diagnostic assessment.
- Identify and provide documentation of on-site opportunities for energy efficiency and provide follow-up to residential customers as required.
- Discuss technical elements of energy consuming equipment - i.e., lighting, HVAC, hot water systems, building and pipe insulation, and air sealing.
- Build a quick rapport with customers. Quickly initiate conversations with customers on site regarding energy usage at the home.
- Enter data into spreadsheets and databases to determine energy savings and to manage current projects.
- Make outbound calls to new and existing customers to meet assigned energy savings targets.
- Manage field time effectively with customer or Trade Ally visits.
- Respond to customer inquiries and concerns by phone, electronically, or in person to move projects toward completion.
- Maintain professional appearance appropriate for a representative of our organization and the utility.
- When required, provide written summary reports directly to the customer and summary reports to the client/Program Manager.
- Be able to work in a team atmosphere and be willing to collaborate on continuous improvement of operations year after year.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent experience. Technical school degree combined with demonstrated experience in the electric/gas utility field will be considered. Equivalent work experience may be considered.
- 1-2 years of experience in the electric or natural gas utility industry, facilities management, HVAC design or sales, commercial and industrial lighting, or conservation and energy management
- Previous customer service, sales, or marketing experience
- Building Performance Institute (BPI) Building Analyst certification - Preferred
- Previous energy efficiency and/or energy modeling experience - Preferred