Sales and Development Associate
US Solar makes solar energy accessible with simple solutions that are as good for the wallet as they are for the environment. US Solar is a developer, owner, operator, and financier of solar generation projects with a focus on emerging markets and community solar programs. Based in Minnesota, US Solar helps residents, public entities, and businesses reduce electricity costs with local, renewable energy.
Depends on qualifications.
40 hours a week.
- Create customer proposals and presentations to communicate value to potential commercial and public customers
- Work with a small team of good-humored hard workers in a fast-paced environment
- Initiate and develop relationships with potential customers to negotiate and sign revenue contracts
- Secure necessary permits through applications, presentations, and Q&A with permitting jurisdictions
- Juggle multiple priorities and tasks in a timely manner to meet sales and development goals and schedules
- Converse and negotiate with landowners, in effort to acquire new sites for solar development
- Navigate through the interconnection application process with Xcel Energy
- Coordinate with consultants and other third parties
- Educate communities on the benefits of solar
- Assist in preparation and execution of contracts
- Work collaboratively with Project Development team
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in a similar role or utilizing a similar
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Knowledge of and passion for solar technology and industry
- Ability to do minor in-state traveling
Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Sales and Development Associate”.