Connexus Energy provides electric service to over 130,000 customers in a seven county area adjacent to Minneapolis/St. Paul. We are recognized nationally as a top-rated electric distribution utility.
This position offers a competitive salary and an attractive benefits package including medical, dental, life, disability insurance, 401(k), and tuition reimbursement.
40 hours per week
We are seeking a motivated, results-driven Sales Manager to lead our sales strategies and initiatives for all customer segments. Successful candidate will have significant strategic influence on how to build and integrate a sales culture into our business. You will be responsible for leading a team of Key Account Representatives and managing current product portfolio of energy efficiency programs and demand reduction products. Strong relationships and collaboration with marketing, product development, contact center and other key departments to integrate data and sales initiatives will be critical. We will rely on you to provide strategic direction and leadership of sales goals, plans and execution of initiatives necessary to meet business objectives around energy growth, program retention and growth, customer engagement and overall campaign effectiveness.
Key Responsibilities & Results:
Sales Strategy and Execution:
- Overall accountability and execution of long-term sales strategy and ongoing product performance for all customer classes including trade partnerships and associated products (residential, small commercial, C&I, Builders and Trades).
- Develop robust sales culture. Create a sales approach, organization, and strategy around existing and future products.
- Develop annual sales plan and tactics to meet and exceed annual sales goals for Wholesale Demand Reduction (WDR), electrification and program engagement, annual WDR, continue double digit growth in program engagement.
- Focus on growth related to rates, rebates (CIP), electrification (Electric Vehicles), demand response programs (Behind-the-Meter (BTM) battery storage, Wi-Fi thermostats) and traditional member engagement products.
- Collaborate with marketing and member services leaders to lead and execute integrated sales and marketing strategies, initiatives and campaigns to meet corporate objectives.
- Develop strategies and initiatives to pro-actively support Connexus’ largest commercial accounts to build strong business relationships. Develop strong relationships with senior leaders (CEO, Vice Presidents, and Managers) with our key business accounts and partners.
- Leverage CRM system and member data (to include energy usage data & demographics) to target customers and market segments to maximize value of the programs and sales performance.
Program and Product Management:
- Overall accountability for launching new products, with strong collaboration and alignment with new product development, marketing, member services and other interdepartmental leaders.
- Actively manage business partners and master service agreements.
- Analyze financial performance of programs, services and campaigns. Make recommendations to improve performance and program/product design.
- Manage and leverage CIP rebate portfolio to reduce wholesale power costs, compliance with State guidelines to include overall accountability of CIP budget, rebate analysis, allocations and optimization.
- Overall accountability of managing growth and product life cycle of existing programs and services with strong collaboration and alignment with marketing and member services leaders.
- Solicit and incorporate customer feedback when launching, enhancing or developing programs.
Staff Leadership and Development:
- Manage day-to-day activities of sales staff and lead generation process.
- Provide day-to-day leadership and management of Key Account Representatives, including goal setting, employee development, mentoring, training, and performance management.
- Continually develop staff’s knowledge and expertise to meet demands of customers' complex energy needs (rates, energy efficiency technology, renewables, and tools).
Required Talents, Skills, Expertise, Education:
- BA/BS degree in Marketing, Communications, Business Management or related field
- 4-8 years' supervisory or sales management experience
- Experience maximizing value of CRM solutions
- Experience and/or demonstrated knowledge in leading and managing projects
Preferred Talents, Skills, Expertise, Education:
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in marketing, product management, or product development
- 5 years' commercial energy management or key account management
- Proven experience and application of energy economics (ROI/NPV) of C&I rates and energy efficiency technology
- Certified Energy Manager (CEM) certification or equivalent, or equivalent work experience