Clean Energy Job Board
Senior Account Executive
At McKinstry, we’re proud to be a diverse and passionate group of innovators and problem-solvers, builders and engineers, mentors, and students. We believe the world needs curious, forward-thinking, solutions-oriented people who want to make our planet better. We are committed to strengthening our diversity through recruiting, developing, and retaining professionals from all backgrounds, and we believe that promoting diversity, equity, and inclusivity is an integral component of our continuing quest To Build a Thriving Planet. If you are looking to leave a purposeful mark on the world, then McKinstry is the place for you.
The McKinstry Action for Impact Promise
McKinstry is a passionate group of problem solvers. We cannot stand idly by in the wake of the climate, affordability and equity crises. We’re taking deliberate and bold action because we’ve seen firsthand how these initiatives benefit our people, our clients and our communities.
- We are relentlessly committed to eliminating our carbon footprint. By 2025, we will reduce our net-greenhouse gas emissions by 50% and will reach net-zero emissions by 2030. This commitment will drive our external efforts to usher our clients and communities to similar outcomes.
- Buildings cost too much to design, build and operate. This undeniable truth wastes money that could otherwise be invested in decarbonizing our built environment and accelerating construction on the buildings our communities need to serve each and every one of us.
- Diversity, equity and inclusion aren’t an empty promise at McKinstry. Every step forward in this effort improves our collective success. More importantly, it provides safety for our employees to be their authentic selves each and every day with belonging and unquestioning acceptance.
Are you ready to align your career with purpose and join us in Action for Impact? Together, we will build a thriving planet.
Here's where you come in:
We are currently seeking an Energy Services Senior Account Executive to join our team as a member of our growing Energy Minnesota division. At McKinstry, it is our mission is to make every building we touch more efficient. Energy efficiency in any built environment is critical - not just to the bottom line of the owner, but to the well-being of the planet. We are unsurpassed and nationally recognized as a premier provider of energy-efficient technologies, creating high-performance buildings and innovating solutions that get the most for every energy dollar. No matter what the energy challenge, we put all our energies into meeting it.
You will drive business development and sales efforts for our Minnesota Energy and Technical Services division. This will include developing and maintaining a sales plan, driving opportunities, lead generation, proposal development, responding to RFPs and RFQs, etc. Additionally, you will support and develop consultative relationships with potential and existing clients and utilize McKinstry tools, processes, and strategies to support these efforts.
What we would like to see from you:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, construction management, or equivalent business experience required.
- Knowledge of building infrastructure systems is required. Preferably you will have an established network in municipalities, higher education or county government verticals.
- Five (5) years of experience of financial/performance contracting experience including previous leadership, sales, and marketing with energy services or related organization, with responsibilities for identifying leads, closing sales, and providing oversight to a project implementation team required. Applicable organization affiliations and or professional group associations preferred.