Senior Business Analyst
ALLETE Clean Energy, based in Duluth, Minnesota, is an independent power producer and supplier that acquires or develops capital projects to create energy solutions for North America’s sustainable energy future. With our operational and entrepreneurial experience, we’re open to all types of business relationships. An ALLETE company (NYSE:ALE), ALLETE Clean Energy owns and operates wind farms in four states with a total capacity of more than 500 megawatts and has additional projects underway that will increase our footprint to six states and more than 720 megawatts over the next year.
- Support ALLETE Clean Energy (ACE) and its affiliates by providing a variety of accounting, financial, and budget related support under limited oversight.
- Prepare and maintain periodic and miscellaneous accounting entries; processes accounting data and transactions; reviews and analyzes accounting or financial data; support of landowner payment process prepares financial and operating reports and variance analyses; and participates in other accounting processes.
- Responsibilities include internal & external reporting, inter-company billing coordination, interfacing with internal & external stakeholders, inventory and fixed asset oversight, invoice management, Sarbanes-Oxley & debt compliance, cash projections, and a variety of related duties.
- Participate in the annual operating and construction budgets; develops and documents ACE policies and procedures; and contract retention & management.
- Comply with standards to assure conformity with generally accepted accounting principles.
- May be required to represent ACE to third parties including but not limited to: landowners, creditors and partners.
- High degree of initiative to complete assigned duties is required, as well as high level of organizational skills and the ability to perform duties under time constraints.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills required in order to establish and maintain relationships.
- Master's degree in accounting or business administration
- Bachelor's degree in accounting AND certification as a Certified Public Accountant
- Bachelor's degree in accounting AND two years of additional related experience beyond what is required in the Experience section.
- Five years of progressively responsible job related work experience. Equivalent experience that includes serving in a managerial/supervisory role may also be considered.
- CPA preferred