Senior Dev Ops Engineer
NextEra Analytics is the optimization and analytics team for the world’s largest renewable energy generator. We thrive on solving the toughest problems facing the energy industry and creating innovative forecasting and optimization solutions that lead the way into the next era of energy.
NextEra Analytics is currently seeking a well-qualified candidate to join our DevOps team as a Senior Dev Ops Engineer.
The Senior Dev Ops Engineer will collaborate with software development teams to improve time to value by automating and streamlining application delivery, compliance and monitoring processes. The candidate achieves successful results by building repeatable CI/CD processes including but not limited to source code control and infrastructure provisioning and management. Individuals in this position will also assess tools, services and costs in development and production environments for ongoing improved functionality and savings.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Drives the automation and continuous improvement of the software delivery process
- Manages the continuous integration services maintenance and configuration, ensuring the build environment is meeting the needs of the software developers
- Leads the maintenance and creation of automatic deployment of software builds to the test and production environments, enabling the operations team to easily and consistently deploy new software products
- Monitors system development and maintenance and ensures that staff at all technical levels are informed of the health of our systems
- Evaluates Operation teams processes and automates repetitive and temporary solutions
- Improves the product environment and practices used by the software developers
- Sets up back-up mechanisms for production environments and test disaster recovery mechanisms
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- High School Grad / GED
- Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience
- Experience: 5+ years
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services
- Broad expertise using AWS throughout the software development lifecycle
- Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration
- Understanding of network fundamentals
- Strong understanding of end-to-end software delivery using CI/CD tools (e.g., Terraform, SonarQ, GitLab Pipelines or equivalent)
- Maintains and creates automated SDLC processes (e.g., software builds, testing, packaging) through CI/CD pipelines allowing both project and operations team to easily and consistently deploy software developed by the engineering team
- Supports the continuous integration and deployment process, supports build and application environments using infrastructure as code ensuring consistent environment provisioning
- Strong relational database experience and SQL knowledge (NoSQL experience is a plus)
- Strong coding experience (Python, Bash, etc.)
- Experience with automation and configuration management using Salt, Ansible or an equivalent
- Knowledge of engineering best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available environment
Follow instructions at the link.