Clean Energy Job Board
Senior Energy Storage Specialist
Werner Electric has a rich history of electrical distribution in Minnesota and Western Wisconsin that began in 1920. Our Industrial, Energy, and Construction Solutions teams are experienced and highly-trained professionals that thrive on helping customers achieve their business results. We work with a variety of premier manufacturers to provide the right solutions from beginning to end. Our commitment is to deliver an exceptional customer experience and transform your idea of what a distributor can do.
Wage based on experience, qualifications and market.
Monday-Friday - Business Professional Hours
Werner is a distributor of Energy Storage Systems as a solution for our customers to capture renewable energy and reduce their overall energy spend. The Energy Storage Specialist plays a crucial role in providing our customers with an exceptional experience in solving their crucial energy problems by providing high level technical expertise, consulting, and ongoing training that will aid in developing, maintaining, and delivering energy storage solutions to our customers. On a day-to-day basis, this position will be responsible for building and maintaining relationships with external and internal customers. They will work closely and collaborate with Werner Account Managers, Automation Engineers, and fellow Energy Team members. This individual promotes our culture, our 5 P’s, aligns with our 5 V’s, and embraces Werner’s company purpose. Key Responsibilities & Essential Functions:
- Design and provide technical training to Werner sales team pertaining to Energy Storage technology implementation
- Develop strategy and help create prospect list to maintain and expand Werner portfolio of clients and market development
- Collaborate with other industry storage specialists to promote policy that drives storage growth
- Manage sales support of Energy Storage systems and/or related products.
- Provide onsite demonstrations of energy storage technology as requested with prospective customers
- Assist in creation and preparation of any operating and maintenance manuals for customers if necessary
- Prepare and oversee engineering aspects of a beta site and implementation program
- Present technical data or project results to both internal and external clients
- Liaison with various teams and individuals, including local authorities, clients, contractors, supplies, and technical experts
- Partner with marketing team to develop collateral and marketing initiatives for energy storage systems
- Manage and oversee all engineering and technical aspects during project implementation
- Oversee the preparation and review of engineering drawings prepared by third party consultants
- Supervise and manage any installation projects at customer sites as required
- Participate in development and implementation of energy storage business plan and account strategy
- Participate in energy commercial events
- Provide customer assistance via telephone, email, and on-site assistance in alignment with our Energy Services Team
- Develop, maintain, and deliver technical training and/or seminars to customers with attention to product lines and vendor offerings
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting to customers in timely manner
- Maintain technical expertise by participating in continual learning and industry specific technical training
- Assist with design, build, and program technical demonstration units
- Lead small groups and instruct customer training sessions
- Establish relationships with manufactures to identify best-in-class products and inventory position
Critical Success Factors:
- Highly collaborative; likes to work cross-functionality with diverse customers both internally and externally
- Knowledge and understanding of energy storage system solutions.
- Knowledge of federal, multiple states, and local laws and regulations governing energy storage regulatory monitoring.
- Customer Focused; must be a resource & partner to our internal and external customers
- Ability to learn quickly and transfer knowledge to others
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills via phone, email and in person are required
- Self-motivated to effectively analyze workload and juggle multiple priorities with strict deadlines
- Ability to lead by example with a positive work ethic and attitude
- Ability to negotiate effectively at a high level and build strong relationships with customers, vendors and suppliers
- Ability to work independently and make key decisions with customers
- Strong results orientation and commitment to meeting goals
- Drive for Continuous Improvement
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Strong project management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical field.
- 2 years of experience in the battery and storage related industry
- Advanced technical presentation/training experience
- Local day travel up to 50% to prospected customer sites, suppliers and events