Senior Environmental Project Manager - Solar
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We’re a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that’s critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
Information not provided
40 hours per week
You will perform program research, planning and development, permitting, compliance monitoring, inspections/enforcement, and technical support services in relation to air, water, waste, corrective action, mining, biology, and other environmental programs. You will also write reports, develop plans, and implement steps to move projects toward closure in the most cost effective manner.
- Manage tasks and projects according to approved scopes of work, and deliver quality reports on schedule and within budget
- Contribute to and lead business development activities, including proposals, pre-qualifications, and relationship building with clients and prospective clients Interact and interface with clients and environmental regulators
- Contract document preparation, including detailed design drawings and specifications, and project permitting
- Construction contract administration and site inspection services
- Participate in Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Policies, Procedures, Standards and Guidelines in the execution of all work
- Assists in analyzing current and emerging technical issues, and implementing actions to proactively address market, business, regulatory, and/or economic issues.
- Assignments/projects are advanced in nature and require the application of mature knowledge.
- Responsible for planning and conducting assignments/ projects having broad scope for independent accomplishment and coordination of difficult tasks.
- Recommendations are reviewed for soundness of judgment; accepted as accurate and feasible.
- Provide supervision, training, technical direction and mentoring to more junior staff
- Review work of junior staff.
- Applies technical and business knowledge and methods to develop creative, effective, and economical solutions to address current and potential project issues.
- Executes specific technical tasks or requirements for medium to large projects.
- Conduct peer reviews of routine and moderately complex work by colleagues or more junior practitioners.
- Qualifies as a Quality Reviewer and undertakes Quality Reviews of moderate to large deliverables.
- Proficient in and consistently demonstrates and promotes policies and procedures for HSSE, including client-specific training (if applicable).
- Advanced skills in technical writing.
- Skilled in communications and technical information exchange with clients, engineers and scientists, government regulators and agencies, and academia, as well as non-technical communication to the public.
- Disciplined approach to project execution and technical excellence.
- Ability to provide written and verbal direction on project delivery.
- Shows leadership in striving to continuously improve technical performance.
- Champions new ideas and initiatives, and creates an environment that supports creativity and innovation.
- Builds and maintains productive professional and personal networking relationships.
- Drives collaborative efforts within the region and beyond to deliver consistent, high quality and appropriately scoped technical work.
- Good driving record and valid driver’s license required.
- At least four years of experience successfully executing technical aspects of medium to complex projects.