Senior IT Systems Administrator
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills, talents and education to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A professional position at Xcel Energy could be just what you’re looking for.
The Sr. Systems Administrator provides senior level support and contributions to the build, configuration, troubleshooting, and overall reliable operation of software, hardware, technology components or user devices. They engage during enhancements, application deployments, and infrastructure upgrades to drive implementation steps, and ensure compatibility to existing components. They provide coaching to less experienced team members. They drive root cause analysis and service restoration during service disruptions, and work with other technical experts and solution owners to ensure long-term resolution is achieved.
- Operational Support – Responsible for the overall installation, maintenance, configuration, and integrity of systems and/or network infrastructure. Proactively detect risk, improv performance, and avoid operational impact during incidents. Identify solutions using a systematic approach. Recommend and implement ideas to improve systems reliability and performance. Analyze capacity and performance, forecast system capacity. Proactively drive changes to prevent service disruptions. Lead and follow protocol for incident and problem management.
- User Support - Provide in depth technical information to users as appropriate. Analyze more complex end user issues and recommend fixes or improvements.
- Solution Support - Act as liaison on large projects. Participate in system performance testing as needed. Follow change management procedures, ensuring changes are appropriately recorded. Apply technical expertise to ensure changes are compatible with the respective environment and components.
- Teamwork – Review work and ensure quality standards are met. Train, coach and mentor others. Motivate others to action and address delicate situations with tact and diplomacy. Collaborate with business leaders companywide. Responsible for aspects of vendor relationship management.
- Communications – Write and present reports, and proposals for internal and external audiences. Interpret other viewpoints and assimilates them into work processes. Formally transfers technical or administrative knowledge to others. Actively participates in regular status meetings. Prepare written status reports and responses to customer inquiries.
- Seven years of related functional experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Technology, Science, Business or related field, or 4 years of experience equivalent to the position.
- In-depth knowledge and experience with all types of operating systems, HW, SW, desktop and mobile devices.
- Thorough comprehension of one or more platform type, with demonstrated strong aptitude to learn other platforms.
- Expertise in troubleshooting systems administration aspects of production incidents, and resolution protocols.
- Demonstrated competency in multiple related technologies.
- Experience in a leading role within large projects.
- Excellent communication skills, effective with varying organizational levels and skill sets.
- Excellent Relationship Management and collaboration skills, with a track record of working as one team cross-organizationally to drive innovation and business results.
- Strong preference given to candidate with Dell Avamar data domain experience
- Strong preference given to candidate with Veritas Net backup experience
Follow instructions at the link.