Clean Energy Job Board
Senior Manager of Market Development
Center for Energy and Environment is a community-based clean energy nonprofit with offices in the North Loop of Minneapolis and St. Paul’s Midway. We provide practical energy solutions for homes, businesses, and communities to cut energy waste and harmful emissions. We collaborate regularly with field peers and partners and employ curious people who enjoy learning and contributing to Minnesota’s quality of life and economy. Our workplace invites open door communications, respect for diverse backgrounds and points of view, and an emphasis on work-life balance.
Market Transformation Team:
CEE is launching a statewide Market Transformation Program in 2023, with committed and growing funding from the State of Minnesota and its utilities. The purpose of this program is to accelerate the development and adoption of emerging energy efficiency technologies, bringing efficiency and electrification technologies and practices more rapidly to scale. With about half our positions filled by internal staff, we are building and expanding this dream team of talent to launch and grow our Market Transformation Program into a major new source of energy and carbon reductions in the state.
- Oversee market research vendors as needed to conduct market research to support the market characterization during the program development stage
- Hire and manage a market development team which will consist of 2 to 5 staff based on program stage
- Contribute to stakeholder and funder engagement to gather input and gain support
- Disseminate results internally and externally, both in written formats and presentation formats
- Lead and contribute to MT deliverables including market characterization reports, logic models, savings plans and market transformation plans
- Work cross functionally with product management, data management, evaluation, and stakeholder engagement to advance initiatives
- Develop, oversee, and lead market tests as well as scaling test activities to full market development once passing stakeholder approvals
- Oversee network building including manufacturer relationship development, distributor relationship development
- Oversee intervention activities such as contractor training, marketing, and other specialized activities
- Maintain and build upon relationships with utilities and other stakeholders in the emerging technology space
- Engage with key supply chain actors on market intervention strategies
- Coordinate and collaborate with other regional and national organizations to advance market development
- Employ adaptive management and install adaptive management approach with team to continually gather market intelligence and update plans to seize new and improved opportunities
- BA or BS degree in a related field or at least 10 years’ experience in managing or implementing programs or projects in energy efficiency, product development, or a related field; or an equivalent combination of related experience and education.
- 7+ years of employee management experience required; can be indirect project-related management
- High degree of demonstrated ability to navigate ambiguity and employ adaptive management techniques
- Must possess a mix of strategic thinking and execution capabilities
- Demonstrated complex project management experience required
- Knowledge of energy efficiency and utility business and operations required
- Demonstrated experience working with emerging technology and strategic marketing, and market intervention to achieve results
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, including public speaking and writing skills
- Demonstrated experience with team leadership and facilitation preferred
- Strong analytical skills and aptitude for understanding and communicating technical subject matter
- Proven ability to develop and understand budgets and contract terminology
- An orientation toward teamwork
Throughout the pandemic, CEE has made the safety of our workforce our first priority. We require all employees to be fully vaccinated unless a reasonable accommodation is provided based on disability or sincerely held religious belief. Candidates will be required to provide proof of vaccination upon hire.