Clean Energy Job Board
Senior Manager of Origination
National Grid Renewables, which includes the renewables development company formerly known as Geronimo Energy, is a leading North American renewable energy company based in Minneapolis, Minnesota, with satellite offices located in the regions where it develops, constructs, and operates renewable energy projects. As a farmer-friendly and community focused company, National Grid Renewables develops projects for corporations and utilities that seek to repower America’s electricity grid by reigniting local economies and reinvesting in a sustainable future. National Grid Renewables is part of the competitive, unregulated Ventures division of National Grid and has a portfolio of solar, wind, and energy storage projects located throughout the United States in various stages of development, construction and operation. National Grid Renewables develops high value, competitive renewable energy projects. Our focus on communities and farmers means it’s not just about projects, but about the people we work with, both outside and inside our organization. National Grid Renewables Team Members embody our foundational culture of being entrepreneurial, creative, and nimble and take pride in supporting National Grid’s vision to be at the heart of a clean, fair and affordable energy future for all.
Info not provided
National Grid Renewables is looking for a Manager of Origination Manager of Origination C & I whose main responsibility is to originate renewable energy PPAs. In addition to PPAs, responsibilities include managing relationships with existing and new Commercial and Industrial accounts, Investor-Owned Utilities, coops, munis and other customer segments. The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of experience in origination, negotiating renewable energy PPAs and experience managing employees.
- Origination of Power Purchase Agreements
- Getting in front of customers to identify opportunities for current and future projects
- Leading PPA contract negotiations with customers
- Leading commercial and business development
- Creating new, and build upon existing, key relationships with IOUs, Public Power and C&I off-takers
- Provide leadership to the C&I segment and employees operating in serving this market segment
- 5+ years related experience in renewable energy origination sales, and related experience
- Strong record of success, closing at least 1000 MW of transactions as lead originator
- Relationships with multiple customers including Commercial and Industrial accounts, Investor-Owned Utilities, coops, munis and other customer segments
- Demonstrated experience with C&I customer energy procurement structures and transactions.
- Experience and familiarity with the PJM market
- Knowledge of energy markets including familiarity with regulatory policies, rates and tariffs, electric transmission, pooled markets, natural gas, power, structured transactions, and renewable energy generation technologies including wind and solar
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance, economics, engineering, renewable energy, or similar discipline