Senior Policy Associate II, Energy Markets
For more than 27 years, Fresh Energy has been speeding Minnesota’s transition to a clean energy economy to ensure that our region enjoys good health, a vibrant economy, and thriving communities today and for generations to come. Our mission is to shape and drive realistic, visionary energy policies that benefit all. Together we are working toward a vision for an economy we thrive in and energy that ensures our well-being.
Starting salary range for Senior Policy Associate II is $ 61,000 - $ 68,000/annually, based on experience.
This is a full-time, exempt position, working 40 hours per week. We believe in work-life balance and are committed to keeping the workload in alignment with the true hours worked.
- Policy and Programs: play a senior leadership role on the Energy Markets team to shape and executive clean energy policy work.
- Lead in the planning, execution, and reporting on program work.
- Propose and conduct policy, legislative, legal, technical, regulatory, and financial analysis as related to policy proposals, changes, and approaches.
- Make written and oral presentations to collaborators, community groups, policy makers, and other stakeholders as part of the program’s outreach and advocacy functions.
- In collaboration with the communications department, create and publish reports, white papers, web content, e-newsletters, and other program information. When appropriate, work to optimize media coverage of program goals, activities, and successes; this may include media interviews as well as writing op-ed pieces, and also includes the recruitment and training of effective messengers.
- Support the creation and management of the annual budget for the program.
- Participate in culture of collaboration and model our core values.
- In collaboration with the development staff, participate in fund development and relationship building efforts.
- Work effectively in the context of your immediate team, the broader Fresh Energy team, and with external partners; enhance collaboration by maintaining good communication, seeking and respecting diverse viewpoints, engendering trust, fulfilling responsibilities, and ensuring that all team members and their contributions are valued.
- Model behavior and contribute to a culture that is consistent with Fresh Energy’s core values; A critical part of achieving our mission is by living the values we endorse.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree and four years of experience directly related to energy decision making. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Ability to conduct rigorous information-gathering and compile findings into easily digested and compelling formats.
- Experience engaging, influencing, and working collaboratively with a variety of stakeholders across different interests.
- Preferred experience presenting before regulators, policymakers, utilities, and other key stakeholders.
- Planful and results-oriented.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid computer skills in Windows environment, including MS Office.
- Self-starter who is able to work independently.
- Team player who desires working in an environment where working as a team is valued and practiced.
- Demonstrated ability to perform well in fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work occasional evenings/weekends is required.
- Persons in this position frequently lift, carry, push and/or pull objects weighing up to 20 pounds. They occasionally move objects weighing up to 50 pounds.