Senior Software Development Engineer
NextEra Analytics is the optimization and analytics team for the world’s largest renewable energy generator. We thrive on solving the toughest problems facing the energy industry and creating innovative forecasting and optimization solutions that lead the way into the next era of energy.
This position writes and tests software to aid in development and support of products. Individuals in this role work with Technical Leads on software system architecture and service design and typically leads a module in the system. This position participates in required product development process ceremonies. Employees in this role are responsible for writing and refining technical requirements and technical design documentation.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Codes in multiple languages in support of software products and the development of software products
- Conducts system testing and codes unit tests and support features
- Documents technical requirement and other technical documentation
- Works with product team to refine product requirements
- Collaborates on high level software design projects and software system architecture and creates effective component level architectures
- Leads software module construction from architecture and design to implementation and may lead a small team of engineers in building the module
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree (engineering preferred)
- Experience: 7+ years