Senior UX Designer
NextEra Analytics is the optimization and analytics team for the world’s largest renewable energy generator. We thrive on solving the toughest problems facing the energy industry and creating innovative forecasting and optimization solutions that lead the way into the next era of energy.
Salary information not provided
40 hours per week
- Collaborate closely with and assists in the definition and translation of business requirements into user flows and wireframes.
- Facilitate user experience design sessions to identify business and technical requirements for technology, research and business initiatives to ensure that designs are successfully created and implemented to achieve the user goals.
- Develop overall user experience, interaction design and information architecture for technology and business initiatives.
- Create site maps, flows, wireframes and prototypes; analyzes usability test results; and assists with developing user experience research reports.
- Use a variety of analytical techniques to gather and analyze design requirements (e.g. interviews, facilitated workshops, surveys, site visits, use cases, workflow analysis, observations, etc.)
- Provide information to support interaction design prioritization and tradeoff decisions.
- Work with creative and visual leads to co-evolve experience solutions through an iterative design process.
- Work with UX Product Owners to understand technical systems and constraints so that design solutions are technically feasible and optimal.
- Build and advocate the development of UI guidelines, standards and requirements that serve as the foundation for designing cohesive experiences.
- Visualize ideas using professional design tools (e.g., Balsamiq, InVision, Adobe CS) or whatever tools are necessary to rapidly work through ideation.
- Initiate and respond to ideas for innovation/improvements based on research, analysis, and competitive reviews.
- Connect the dots between business requirements, innovation, analytics, and good design through visual representation of ideas.
- Bachelor's degree in Interaction Design or equivalent design-related field
5+ years of experience as an interaction designer, user interface designer, or similar role
- Design experience on mobile, tablet, mobile, or desktop devices
- Expertise with Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign or their functional equivalents
- Experience working directly with developers for implementation of designs
- A portfolio demonstrating relevant design experience with work samples showcasing process sketches, design documentation and detailed design presentations
- Ability to extract complex concepts and quickly turn around rigorous flows and mockups reflecting a range of options
- Ability to manage ambiguity, work autonomously, and multi-task in an agile environment
- Visual design expertise demonstrated through mockups and style guides