Social Media and Marketing Specialist
Clean Energy Economy Minnesota (CEEM) is an industry-led 501(c)(3) nonprofit representing the business case for clean energy in Minnesota. CEEM provides a unified voice for clean energy business across the state. Our mission is to provide educational leadership, collaboration, and policy analysis that accelerates clean energy market growth and smart energy policies. For more information, visit www.cleanenergyeconomymn.org
Salary ranges from $58,000-$72,000 per year depending on qualifications
Clean Energy Economy MN (CEEM) is seeking a Social Media and Marketing Specialist to assist with creating and executing our digital communications strategy. We are a 501(c)(3) nonprofit working to speed Minnesota’s transition to a clean energy economy. This position will focus on educating our audiences, from clean energy supporters across the state, to our clean energy business members, as well as policymakers at the local, state and federal level. This is a newly created position to help us engage in meaningful ways with these audiences. If you are looking for purpose and want to make a difference, this could be the job for you!
This role will focus on evaluating ways to grow our presence on our digital platforms, as well as creating new content for our blog and newsletter. This position will also be responsible for CEEM’s graphic design needs, including the creation of social media, promotional graphics, and educational content throughout the year.
The ideal candidate will possess excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as expertise in writing for multiple platforms for different audiences. Preferred qualifications include a demonstrated ability to analyze data to create effective strategies that support functions of the organization. Experience running social media ad campaigns is required, as well as comfort using related tools, including the Adobe Creative Suite. An interest in communications strategy, storytelling, and a curious nature are desired. An interest in legislative policy and/or clean energy is a plus.
This is a 40-hour per week, full-time position based in the Twin Cities. This position will report to CEEM’s Manager of Marketing and Communications.
- Manage CEEM’s day-to-day social media presence on all digital platforms including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.
- Create engaging graphics for social media, educational materials, and marketing collateral as needed.
- Create brand-consistent written, graphic and video content for CEEM's social media channels.
- Monitor and analyze organization’s engagement across all digital channels (social, website, newsletter) and develop monthly reports to gauge trends.
- Maintain and update website with relevant and timely clean energy news stories.
- Research and write relevant content for CEEM blog.
- Help execute digital strategy to achieve yearly policy goals (videos, campaigns, earned and paid media, etc.)
- Assist with creating content and design layout for monthly newsletter (using Mailchimp).
- Assist Marketing and Communications Manager with media relations and pitching throughout the year.
- Other communications-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, graphic design or similar area of study with three or more years of professional experience.
- Experience creating engaging content for Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn.
- Experience with the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze social media and web traffic analytics and make recommendations based on engagement.
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to simplify complex terms, and craft materials tailored to specific audiences.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills with strong attention to detail.
- Highly motivated and flexible self-starter with the ability to manage multiple deadlines.
- Photography and videography skills strongly preferred.
- Must pass a background check.
- Strong interest in CEEM’s mission.
- Salary ranges from $58,000-$72,000/year depending on qualifications
- Full benefits package
- Flexible work environment (ability to work from home)
Interested candidates please email cover letter, resume, three references, and three examples of your communications work (examples could be: photography, social media account, graphic design project (flyer/social graphic/etc.), written stories/blog posts or other similar work) to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put ‘CEEM Social Media and Marketing Specialist’ in the subject line.