CEE is a community-based clean energy nonprofit with a main office located in the North Loop of Minneapolis. We provide practical energy solutions for homes, businesses, and communities to cut energy waste and harmful emissions. We collaborate regularly with field peers and partners, and employ curious people who enjoy learning and contributing to Minnesota’s quality of life and economy. Our workplace invites open door communications, respect for diverse backgrounds and points of view, and an emphasis on work-life balance.
Depending upon education and qualification, the salary range for this position is between $90K- $95K
The Center for Energy and Environment (CEE) is looking for a software developer with both strong technical and communication skills. CEE’s development staff build web application to support CEE’s wide variety of programs. Our technology stack consists primarily of Vue, PHP/Laravel, and Postgres but we also have an application built with Angular, C#, and SQL Server.
This is a full time position that provides a wide range of benefits including Paid Time Off (PTO), medical, dental, life and long term disability insurance and a retirement plan.
The Software Developer will have the option of working from home or working out of our Minneapolis office. There will be periodic needs to attend in person meetings and department outings.
- Design, build, and maintain software applications.
- Coordinate with fellow developers to promote and follow best practices.
- Work with system administrators to test and deploy new versions of our development stack.
- Conduct code reviews for other developer’s code as well as ensuring that self code is reviewed by others
- Have working knowledge of custom software portfolio.
- Work with all staff to evaluate, estimate, and facilitate new custom development projects.
- Maintain issue tracking and release management.
- Test new features/fixes and facilitate User Acceptance Testing.
- Facilitate deployments including communicating to clients, stakeholders, and accounting.
- Maintain expertise in current technologies (APIs, web development, mobile technologies, etc.).
- Select software tools, languages, libraries, and frameworks with input from other developers.
- Other duties as assigned or apparent
- Bachelor’s degree or 2-4 years of experience in related field
- Familiarity with best practices in application security.
- Preferred experience with the Laravel framework and Vue.js.
- Familiarity with version control systems (preferably git and Bitbucket, but not obligatory).
- Familiarity with Salesforce and Apex.
- Familiarity with Docker - preferred.
Apply online by visiting our website!