Open Systems International, Inc. (OSI) www.osii.com is a fast-paced, growing, high technology company, headquartered in Medina, Minnesota. As a world leader in the Operations Technology (OT) field, OSI develops and supplies state-of-the-art energy management, optimization and control software solutions to energy utility companies worldwide.
In this position you will create compelling applications that enable our customers to view, control and analyze their electrical infrastructure. All of this is done using the latest technologies in a fast-paced, collaborative environment at our forward-looking company. Specific on-the-job training will be provided. In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
- Develop rich client applications that allow our customers to visualize the power grid. These solutions leverage advanced tools like OpenGL and webGL to enable powerful 3D visualizations.
- Develop web applications enabling our customers to analyze outages, predict future conditions, and monitor complex systems. These applications leverage frameworks like Angular to power responsive web applications.
- Develop mobile applications for field crews and executives to monitor KPIs and respond to business demands.
- Develop 'Big Data' applications leveraging databases like Cassandra and mongoDB to drive business intelligence in the control center.
- Develop applications to predict load or renewable generation using the latest in machine learning.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree from an accredited institution in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field.
- C development skills plus experience in one or more of the following: C#, C++, Java, Python, etc.
- Networking knowledge and protocols (TCP/IP, UDP, DNS, XMPP, HTTP, MSRP, XCAP, SOAP, REST, DNP, etc.).
- Familiar with platform independent tools and libraries.
- Knowledge of numerical methods and simulation of physical processes.
- Basic understanding or experience in modeling and simulation of oil & gas pipelines, or chemical or manufacturing processes (preferred).
- Knowledge of fluid mechanics (laminar and turbulent), thermodynamics, and equations of state (preferred).
- Experience in and passion for automated unit tests (preferred).
- Rich Client
- Experience developing rich client applications with C# and .NET.
- Web Client
- Experience with front end frameworks including AngularJS and Angular.
- Experience developing RESTful web services in Java.
- Mobile Client
- Experience developing native Android applications in Java.
- Experience developing native iOS applications in Swift.