Clean Energy Job Board
Solar Construction Foreman
About Blue Horizon Energy
Blue Horizon Energy is a full-service solar project developer with over a decade of experience. We deliver turn-key solar projects to industrial, commercial, and agri-business customers who want to achieve energy independence by generating their own clean power cost effectively. Blue Horizon projects are all installed by our in-house factory-trained team and on-staff license electricians. We believe strongly that our business succeeds best when our team is committed, engaged, and motivated and we have a strong culture of employee respect and collaboration.
Our company is growing and adding high-quality individuals to our field operations team. As Construction Foreman you will be responsible for leading the teams that build and operate our customers’ solar energy projects - including principal construction, closeout, commissioning, and ongoing maintenance.
Individuals in this role will be responsible for completing on-time, safe, and quality work. This role is focused on projects in the State of Minnesota.
The compensation and responsibilities of the role will be based upon previous experience and individual skill. This role is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to enter the electrical trade and begin building experience and work hours toward pursuit of an electrical license.
Day-to-day activities of this role may include:
- Leading teams that install solar components and equipment on customer project sites across the Minneapolis-St.Paul Metropolitan Area and the greater State of Minnesota.
- Your schedule will typically be based out of our Minnetonka, MN office on a Monday-Thursday or Monday-Friday schedule depending on the needs of the project.
- Limited overnight travel may be required depending on the project location, with paid lodging and a per diem provided during overnight travel.
The ideal candidate will bring the following skills and attributes to the table:
- Electrical and/or construction skill and experience (preferred).
- Basic mechanical skill and competency (preferred).
- Ability to work effectively with limited supervision.
- Detail-oriented and able to meet deadlines with accountability.
- Familiar with medium duty equipment operation (helpful but not required).
This role requires a Drivers' License valid in the State of Minnesota.
This role requires completion of a satisfactory background check.
If you'd like to work with us, apply on our website at www.bluehorizonenergy.com. We look forward to hearing from you!