Clean Energy Job Board
Solar Development Manager
Cooperative Energy Futures (CEF) is a member-owned cooperative business focused on advancing energy democracy through community-controlled renewable energy and energy efficiency. CEF is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer and sees unique and diverse perspectives as essential to be able to achieve our mission and live our values. Cooperative Energy Futures develops and operates community solar gardens, currently with 8 projects across Minnesota offsetting the electricity needs of 700 member households at an immediate net savings to our members. CEF has a particular focus on economic and racial justice, working to ensure that all projects are developed using an economic model that is deeply accessible to members regardless of income or credit and including options available at no upfront cost and net monthly savings, as well as prioritizing workforce equity in the solar industry. CEF uses member participation in these projects to build community wealth and activate members from many different communities around a vision for our energy future that is rooted in community-controlled clean energy.
$50,000-$60,000 annual salary based on experience
Normal business hours.
This position is primarily responsible for managing solar project development, particularly of CEF solar gardens. This position involves both overall timeline and process management, including keeping other staff and partners coordinated on development activities as well as direct execution of project development tasks related to utility Interconnection processes, contractor management, and permitting. This position may expand into development activities for on-site solar and other non-community solar activities as well.
Manage community solar project development:
- Create and execute plans using project management tools and timelines (Gantt charts or other) to ensure all elements of project development – including site control, utility application and Interconnection, permitting, and installer selection and management – are proceeding on schedule.
- Implement utility application and interconnection processes and land-use permitting.
- Manage all project files, materials, and other information related to project development.
- Other responsibilities and projects as assigned
Manage team coordination of project development:
- Coordinate with the Solar Projects Manager to ensure proactive site recruitment of new sites.
- Collaborate with the Solar Project Manager to select reliable, cost-effective, and quality installation, Operations & Maintenance, and workforce partners.
- Coordinate with CEF General Manager on project pipeline development to support project financing and organizational partnership strategies.
- Coordinate with the Subscriber Outreach team to ensure timely engagement of subscriber outreach as projects are in development.
- Coordinate with Operations Manager to ensure relevant operational needs (eg. project insurance, Subscription Administration) are in place on timeline.
Manage project development partners:
- Manage project design, installation, and independent engineering partners to ensure timely, quality, and on-budget project delivery.
- Review design products for clarity and compliance with utility, permitting, and host-site requirements or coordinate with independent reviewers to provide that verification.
- 2 years experience with managing project timelines and processes, especially with multi-party construction projects.
- 2 years process management and coordination of key stakeholders.
- Detail-oriented and organized; able to maintain systems for tracking complicated project processes over long periods of time.
- Personable and able to build a positive team environment working with contractors and other partners.
- Familiarity w Excel, Gantt chart/process management software, and developing project management tracking systems.
- Must be reliable, self-motivated individual who can take direction and be trusted to work independently with minimal supervision.
- A team player with strong ability to work in a collaborative environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and juggle time-sensitive tasks on deadline.
- Interest/passion for clean energy.
- Commitment to the environment and to working with community-based organizations and culturally diverse communities.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Access to reliable form of transportation.
- 2 years experience managing a team.
- Engineering and/or construction expertise, especially electrical or interconnection related
- Experience managing subcontractors, and able to hold contractors/partners accountable to budget, quality, and timelines.
- Familiarity with renewable energy development in Minnesota, including Xcel Energy interconnection processes and/or working with local construction partners.
- Experience with clean energy development process optimization.
Submit a Resume and a Written Statement explaining why you are interested in this position to email@example.com. We will send additional follow up questions and interview scheduling to candidates we wish to interview. This position will remain open until filled.