Clean Energy Job Board
HERE WE GROW AGAIN!
Apadana Solar Technologies is a highly successful Solar EPC (engineering, procurement, construction) based in New Hope, MN. During the past year we have more than doubled our installations and now have the largest back-log in our history. This includes residential, commercial (flat-roof), and MW community solar (roof- and canopy-mounted). Unlike many solar installers, we design what we build. This gives our team the flexibility to quickly respond to material shortages helping keep projects on track.
We are also on the leading edge of Electric Vehicle charging. Our unique EV Infrastructure Planning services are focused on the challenges of electrical retrofit of existing multi-family buildings as they prepare for installation of EV Chargers for their residents. EV is often combined with solar and energy storage to deliver a comprehensive solution.
We offer an excellent salary (well into six figures). Our benefits include company-paid life, short- and long-term disability insurance, healthcare reimbursement, paid time off, company holidays, and a 401K retirement plan with company match. As a non-union shop, we pay our licensed electricians Prevailing Wage rates when projects are government-funded. Current prevailing wage rate in the Metro for licensed electricians is $82.25 per hour (inclusive of benefits).
Since solar projects are almost always outdoors, hours can be as unpredictable as the Minnesota weather. Typical work hours are M-F from 6:30am to 3:30 with some later knock-off time depending on the job situation.
The Solar Electrician is responsible for leading the team of apprentice electricians and technicians assigned to the solar project. The electrician works with the foreman to ensure optimum coordination of materials delivery and labor resources and oversees the following:
- Interface with client on site to review project objectives, special requirements, timing
- Unload and stage material on project site
- Installation of solar panel arrays in the required setting (roof, canopy, ground)
- Pull and terminate wire
- Terminate combiner boxes, Panel/LV work, install metering equipment
- Layout, bend, thread, and install conduit, Layout and install switchgear, switchboards, and electrical devices
- Connect and support DC wire, install electrical enclosures
- Assure proper installation of solar systems
- Maintain an 80% inspection passing rate
- Perform electrical testing, and commissioning
- Comprehend/adhere to company policy safe work practices, electrical theory and National Electrical Code
- Provide effective and timely communication with the office and vendors when appropriate
- Ability to complete tasks without general supervision
Successful candidate will have the following:
- Registered Minnesota Journeyman (licensed) required
- Solar experience preferred
- Able to read and understand drawings/blueprints
- Understand motors and controls
- Comprehend/adhere to company policy safe work practices
- Strong leadership skills, ability to run crews of 3+ people
- Self-motivated with the ability to work well with others
- Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency
- Proof of Identity and Employment Authorization
To be considered for this position, please send resume to [email protected]