Clean Energy Job Board
Solar Install Technician
Blue Horizon Energy is an award-winning, full-service solar developer with over a decade of experience. We have delivered hundreds of turn-key projects to industrial, commercial, and agri-business customers looking to achieve energy independence by generating clean, sustainable, cost-effective power. Our projects are all built by our in-house team of dedicated tradesmen, and we believe strongly that our business succeeds best when our team is engaged and motivated. We look forward to working with you.
40-45/hour per week
This Technician role is on our field operations team and is responsible for building our customers’ projects, including principal construction, closeout, commissioning, and ongoing maintenance. Individuals in this role will be responsible for completing on-time, safe, and quality work. This role is focused on projects in the State of Minnesota.
Day-to-day activities of this role may include, but are not limited to:
- Installing solar components and equipment on customer project sites across the State of Minnesota and the Minneapolis-St.Paul Metropolitan Area.
- Performing routine maintenance on solar equipment and related components, including potentially low-power hydraulic motors and pumps as well as electronic actuators.
- Conducting pre-construction site surveys and post-construction quality control assessments on project sites.
- Regular communication with the operations leadership team to ensure project plans are up-to-date and customer expectations are well managed.
- Opportunity to earn credit toward pursuing an electrical license, including paid training opportunities and company-sponsored training programs.
Travel throughout the State of Minnesota will be required during the ordinary work day, with limited overnight travel depending upon project schedules (generally no more than 20% of the time).
Previous construction or solar install experience preferred. Valid driver's license required.