Solar Installation Technician
REAL Solar is a solar design-build company headquartered along Hwy 371 in Backus, MN. We are comprised of a cohesive team of skilled builders & engineers that honor our humble, grass roots beginnings with a commitment to our mission of providing the highest value solar installations for every customer. We craft lasting solutions that meet individual needs and goals, so everyone can realize all the benefits that solar power has to offer.
REAL Solar is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We give consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected classification.
Competitive and based on experience
- Benefits after 60 days of service include health insurance, SIMPLE IRA match, and paid time off.
Monday thru Thursday 10 hr days, this is subject to change as needed
- Configure, install, inspect, and maintain solar PV systems for customers.
- Assess the environment and detect and mitigate any hazards associated with installation.
- Map out where everything will go, and then place components according to those diagrams.
- Follow building standards, safety codes and manufacturer specifications.
- Label, install, and terminate electrical wiring.
- Manage time and tasks effectively with a sense of urgency.
- Providing an exceptional customer experience to all customers.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Must be able to work at heights, must be able to work in extreme environments, must be able to perform prolonged periods of repetitious duties, and must be able to lift at least 50 pounds frequently.
- Knowledge of electrical systems and solar-powered equipment preferred.
- Experience in roof work, general construction or carpentry preferred.
- Ability to safely handle power tools, hand tools as well as materials such as ladders, inverters, solar panels, panel boards, batteries and other similar electrical equipment, lumber, roofing materials, etc.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent attendance is essential for the team to achieve success.
- Travel is mandatory and will vary dependent on business needs. Employees must be able to travel for up to a business week at a time.
Go to Indeed's website. See the link provided. https://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=solar%20installer&l=Minnesota&vjk=927f432f5c9c16d2