Solar Outreach Manager
Minnesota Interfaith Power & Light works to build a stable climate that supports vibrant, equitable communities for all life. We believe the active care of creation is integral to spiritual life and social justice. More about our mission and programs is available at our website, mnipl.org.
- Participate in developing strategy and goals for MNIPL’s solar program. Identify opportunities to promote the core values of our program to a wide audience.
- Rely on marketing fundamentals to plan audience-specific messaging that inspires engagement and motivates solar engagement.
- Leverage our MNIPL networks to promote community solar subscriptions, business and congregational solar, and residential solar.
- Participate in the community solar outreach teams with our development partners.
- Communicate with financiers, congregations, and development partners about their goals, timelines, and progress, and MNIPL’s commitments.
- Communicate thoughtfully and persuasively in writing, conversations, meetings and small and large presentations to build awareness for climate justice and solar energy fundamentals.
- Understand MNIPL’s mission and values and its other programs to be able to translate that understanding into persuasive presentations that engage and inspire audiences to support MNIPL and to take action.
- Work with the Just Solar Coalition and MNIPL’s policy team to engage in systemic change opportunities.
- Analyze and generate data and other multimedia to inform communication, to measure progress against goals, and to inform decision-making. Other tasks that build on specific interests or talents.
- Demonstrated commitment to building movements that advance the values of just, equitable, and thriving communities.
- Marketing or sales knowledge helpful, or related experience in prioritizing audiences based on thoughtful and meaningful criteria.
- Comfortable following prescribed processes, documenting processes, and suggesting process improvements.
- Skilled at generating spreadsheets, text documents, and presentations.
- Comfortable with multiple communication channels: email, texting, Facebook, Twitter, databases, print materials and others.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, collaborative, high-trust environment.
- Self-motivated; comfortable working either independently, with limited supervision, or collaboratively, with a willingness to accept feedback.
- Experience working with the solar industry preferred.
Application review begins November 25th; position open until filled. To apply, send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.