Solar Project Development Lead
At World Fuel Services, our employees are the key to our global success. We are industry leaders due to the innumerable talents of our approximately 5000-strong professional team. Our people thrive in an entrepreneurial and culturally-diverse environment, where innovative thinking, collaboration and efficient execution are highly valued. Our high-performance culture is what allows us to drive sustained growth. Stronger together, we promote an environment where individuals can thrive.
The Solar Project Development Lead will assist with the implementation of Kinect’s on-site solar strategy – specifically, the Client Representative Development Model. In the Client Rep model Kinect takes the lead for the customer in qualifying the solar potential at customer sites, developing and administering RFPs or other competitive bidding processes, financial and technical analysis of solar proposals, and overseeing project development through construction for the client. The Solar Project Development Lead will build relationships and work closely with third party developers to enable delivery of on-site solar projects. They must be adept at managing portfolios of projects across multiple sites at the same time. The role requires solar industry experience across the technical, financial, contractual, and implementation phases. The position serves as a solar subject matter expert within the company, and requires knowledge of existing and emerging solar technology, energy markets and solar incentives and policy. They must be able to effectively communicate the renewable energy benefits of solar including the financial (e.g., price reduction, hedging), and the environmental (e.g., carbon reduction).
- Project Implementation Leadership – overseeing project implementation on behalf of the client and serving as the primary liaison between the client and project developer. Assisting with information collection (e.g., electrical diagrams, structural drawings, roof plans), scheduling of site visits, and overall project scheduling. Work from the client perspective to coordinate all site activities to help ensure delivery of an on-time, and on-budget solar project.
- RFP/Competitive Bidding Development & Administration – assist with the development of competitive bidding materials and RFPs and process administration. Support administration by serving as the liaison between the client and bidders, collecting bidder questions and drafting answers, organizing site visits, and ensuring the process stays on schedule. Assist with the technical and financial analysis of bids, and development of client recommendations.
- Sales/Project Qualification – assist with the sales and project qualification process to determine the viability of solar PV at prospective sites, both rooftop and ground-mount. Complete initial solar design and layout using Helioscope, collect electric tariff, cost and use information to conduct high-level economic analyses (simple payback) accounting for available incentives.
- Must have significant experience with onsite solar development including both rooftop and ground mount solar projects for industrial and commercial clients; ranging in size from 250 kW – 10 MW
- Excellent project management skills and communication skills – being able to communicate complex technical issues in a simple and understandable way for non-technical clients, employees and management personnel
- 3-5 years of solar industry experience in the industrial and commercial sectors
- Excellent understanding of solar incentives, solar policy, and existing U.S. solar markets
- Proficient with use of solar layout and design software, Helioscope experience preferred
- Proficient at analyzing and modelling electric tariffs
- High-level understanding of electrical system design as it relates to sizing solar PV systems
- Strong project management skills, including experience with appropriate software tools
- Strong problem-solving, mathematical, financial modeling and organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deliver meaningful business results with minimal supervision
- General business and financial acumen plus evidence of customer-service orientation
- Effective communications skills (written, verbal and presentation)
- Effective team player who excels at performing in a collaborative environment