Clean Energy Job Board
Solar Project Engineer
Founded in 2013, New Energy Equity develops and finances solar power generation assets, providing clean electricity to commercial, industrial, municipal, and utility customers under long-term contracts. New Energy Equity, a wholly owned subsidiary of ALLETE (NYSE:ALE), has successfully developed over 330MW of solar projects and closed more than $600M in clean energy investments. The company was ranked as the 7th Top Solar Developer and the 8th Top Solar Contractor on Solar Power World’s “2021 Top Solar Contractors” list and voted one of the fastest-growing energy companies in D.C., Maryland, and Virginia by Inc. Magazine. To learn more, visit http://www.newenergyequity.com.
- Provide technical support to Commercial Sales team in proposing PV systems.
- Perform site suitability investigations on site and via desktop analysis.
- Design 100kW to 10MW solar/PV systems using AutoCAD and other tools (Module layout, ampacity/voltage drop calculations, conduit/equipment schedules, etc.)
- Run production modeling using PVsyst and other tools.
- Select equipment and product models for each system design.
- Coordinate interconnection design and schedule with utility.
- Interface with vendors, EPCs and subcontractors.
- Oversee system commissioning and certification.
- Other duties and responsibilities as requested.
- ~20% of time traveling
- High school diploma or equivalent; Minimum 2 years solar industry experience; 4 year Degree in related engineering/technical field preferred; NABCEP certified PV Installation Professional preferred.
- Experience in solar (PV) project design or project management and technical development work.
- Experience working with subcontractors and vendors.
- Experience in AutoCAD, PVsyst and other technical software.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Adobe and Outlook and proven ability to learn new software programs
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Self-starter, and naturally motivated to work hard and accomplish goals.
- Employer will not sponsor Visas for position.
- New Energy Equity is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.