Solar PV Design Engineer
Novel Energy Solutions, LLC (NES), is a Minnesota company that specializes in reducing government, business, farm and residential energy costs through solar installations, energy-efficiency technologies, and unique financing options. Founded by a fifth-generation Minnesota farmer, NES has a strong focus on helping farmers and their communities take advantage of all the benefits solar energy has to offer.
The solar PV design engineer provides engineering support throughout the proposal and design phase of projects. This includes designing Solar PV systems, including 1-line diagrams, array layouts, fence layout, road layout. Layouts to be performed in AutoCAD. Establish Solar PV basis of design including module selection, string sizing, ground coverage ratio, inverter selection, inverter power factor requirements, inverter loading ratio, and cable sizing. The position will be located in our office in St. Paul, MN.
What you'll do:
1. Establish Solar PV basis of design including module selection, string sizing, ground coverage ratio, inverter selection, inverter power factor requirements, inverter loading ratio, and cable sizing
2. Design solar PV systems, including 1-line diagrams and array layouts
3. Demonstrate structural, mechanical, and electrical design skills with the ability to generate accurate, highly detailed construction drawings and documents using AutoCAD
4. Closely collaborate with project development and construction teams in the design, development and construction of Solar PV systems
5. Apply knowledge of engineering principles and practices to tasks, particularly when analyzing current technical tools, and evaluating tools
6. Maintain a culture of continuous improvement and problem solving
7. Have a high degree of familiarity with the National Electric Code Book regarding PV Solar Systems
Our Ideal Candidate Has:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited university
- Licensed P.E. in the state of MN
- 2+ years of experience in solar PV system design
- Must be proficient in AutoCAD and related Autodesk software, as well as HelioScope
- Must be proficient in solar performance modeling software
- Demonstrated electrical, structural and mechanical design skills, and the ability to generate accurate, highly detailed construction drawings.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
- Willingness and ability to clearly define objectives, exercise sound technical judgment, take on increasing levels of responsibility and to thrive in a small, flexible and dynamic work environment
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal skills, including the ability to communicate in a positive manner with project managers, other engineering/design team members, management and installation contractors to foster an environment of superior coordination.
- Good problem solving and critical thinking abilities and a proactive work ethic. Must take accountability of own body of work, closing each project by design completion efficiently, while maintaining accuracy and strict attention to detail.
- Strong ability to apply innovative and creative skills to problem solving
- Experience with on-site troubleshooting of technology and automation of manual processes
- Knowledge of National Electric Code is preferred
Follow instructions at the link.