Solar Site Technician
ENGIE North America Inc. ENGIE North America Inc. provides utility services. The Company offers power generation, renewable energy, gas distribution, biogas storage, and electricity transmission services. ENGIE serves commercial, industrial, and residential customers worldwide.
- Shall be a leader in safety, upholding safety as a core value
- Actively participate in the behavior-based safety program and ensure every team member and contractor complies with all safety procedures and applicable task-oriented job safety analyses
- Ensure site safety rules are communicated and adhered to through Site Specific Orientations, JSAs and Tailboard Meetings
- Demonstrate procedural compliance in all site operation and maintenance activities by utilizing established procedures
- Facilitate and implement all daily work as the on-site Tech, including producing Reports including but not limited to Daily, Weekly, Monthly and Quarterly reports
- Operate and repair site equipment, both directly and remotely
- Coordinate Switching and Curtailments with relevant local utilities and ISOs.
- Ensure site equipment is kept at the highest possible standard maximizing availability, reliability, efficiency, and profitability
- Demonstrate work planning skills, activity scheduling and follow up to assure work conformance
- Perform routine inspections – prepare oil analysis samples, safely using tools (e.g. hot sticks, multimeter and IR Camera)
- Manage and direct contractors and equipment specialist, ensuring quality work, completed safely and promptly
- Exhibit excellent interpersonal skills that include listening to other’s ideas and viewpoints, earning trust, and resolving conflict situations
- Primary point of contact for all landowners, develop and maintain these key relationships
- Maintain site vegetation management process
- Manage and determine Spare Parts inventory
- Schedule and manage work on site between different contractors
- Perform the housekeeping functions and equipment cleaning necessary to maintain the site in a clean and neat condition.
- Recommend operating and/or maintenance changes that will enhance plant performance and availability
- Maintain confidentiality of all information available to the position
- Comply with all contractual and legal obligations impacting siteoperation
Support operations at other sites during unusual events (emergencies, etc.).
- Equipment operation training – contractors, other site’s employees
- Demonstrate the consistent use of Root Cause Failure Analysis techniques when solving plant abnormalities and equipment failures
- Must be able to analyze complex problems under the pressure of emergency conditions
- Use computerized Work Order, Purchase Requisition and Receiving software
- Carries out other duties as assigned
- Ability to effectively use diagnostic equipment
- Troubleshoot, repair and maintain solar systems: panels, trackers, combiner boxes, invertors, meteorological instrumentation and substation equipment such as: electrical control circuits, transformers, high voltage breakers
- Be AVO certified as substation technician within 12 months of hire date
- Be proficient in using and maintaining SCADA systems
- Required to have and maintain a valid driver's license
- Exhibit leadership and managerial qualities, and able to supervise contractors and other employees,
- Required to be on call as deemed necessary by Supervisor
- Must be able to personally respond to plant emergencies
- Travel to support other Engie renewable generation facilities
- Must have demonstrated ability to communicate effectively. Verbal and non-verbal; i.e., formal reports.
- Must be able to operate a computer terminal (or have the capability of learning), calculator, etc.
- Must hold or obtain a valid passport and be able to travel internationally with minimal restrictions.
Essential Physical Abilities
- Ability to meet highest attendance requirements
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments on a timely basis with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to use personal computer, calculator, etc.
- Capable of frequently standing; walking; balancing, sitting; climbing (ladders, stairs, ramps, catwalks, stacks and the like as required); stooping; squatting; crouching; crawling; kneeling; reaching; grasping; pushing; pulling; lifting (min. 50lbs); feeling; talking and hearing.
- Capable of performing repetitive motions as required.
- Required to have eyesight corrected at 20/40 to accurately read and interpret such as but not limited to instruments, gauges, and manuals.
- Must be physically capable of entering and working in a confined space (crawl spaces, small enclosed areas, etc.) as required.
- Must be physically capable of performing demanding work at various heights greater than 300 feet and in adverse conditions during operations, shutdowns, and in fire/emergency activities.
- Must be physically capable of wearing protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to - fall protection equipment, hardhat, safety shoes, safety glasses, arc-flash clothing, etc.
- Able and willing to perform first aid and CPR
- 2-year diploma in a technical program preferred (electrical or Instrumentation controls) or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of experience in Solar generation site, Wind generation site, Thermal power plant, Manufacturing or Mining operations, or C&I Maintenance.
- Trades qualifications an asset: (HV Lineman, Electrician, Substation Technician or Controls Technician)
Follow instructions at the link.