Clean Energy Job Board
SOLAR SUCCESS SPECIALIST
Sun Badger Solar is the fastest growing residential solar panel installation company in the Midwest. We believe that everyone who owns their home should be able to produce their own electricity, become energy independent, and save money by going solar. Our customers are passionate about renewable energy. Sun Badger Solar is passionate about our customers. We provide best-in-class and best-in-value solar panel installations. For our work, our customers have made us the number one rated solar company in the Midwest (as rated by the independent review site, Solar Reviews).
We are looking to hire a Solar Success Specialist (SSS) who will continue to build on that success alongside the Solar Success Manager. This candidate will help strengthen our existing customer relationships, continue to build our referral network, monitor our review platforms and foster a culture of positive communication.
Our company has invested and continues to invest heavily in customers who have expressed a direct interest in solar energy. A delighted and passionate customer will proudly tell their friends and family about their Sun Badger experience, and we rely on this for positive reviews and referrals. The better the customer experience, the more likely they are to give us a 5-star rating, write a positive review and refer us to new customer prospects.
We invest heavily in our brand and customer satisfaction. This is driven primarily by building a strong online presence in the markets where we operate, earning 5-star reviews, generating positive news about our company and maintaining a consistent online footprint on relevant third-party listing sites.
The SSS role begins with ensuring our strongest advocates, our existing customers, have the best installation experience they can have. The applicant will work closely with the Project Management/ Operations as needed to achieve this, and directly with customers when the installation is completed to encourage reviews on a variety of review sites so that we stay relevant online. The SSS will manage the customer’s post-installation experience through our proprietary Sun Badger Solar app, drive direct referrals through our referral program, and ensure the customer’s monitoring account is active to review during close out of the solar project.
This is a direct marketing role, requiring excellent communication skills and a positive attitude. The role straddles the Project Management/Operations and Sales Teams, and reports to the Solar Success Manager. Excellent written communication, personal presentation, and strong ability to speak on phone and videoconference are required. The applicant must be proficient in Mac and PC operating systems, MS Office and Google Suite applications, and be comfortable and able to learn new software applications. It should go without saying the applicant must be self-motivated and enthusiastic.
Pay: Based on experience, with performance bonuses.
• Health Insurance
• 2 weeks paid vacation time off
• Reimbursement for all authorized travel expenses (applicant must have their own reliable car)
• Day shift
• Monday to Friday
The Solar Success Specialist will work closely with the Solar Success Manager being a bridge between marketing, project management and service. Ideal candidates will have experience in a customer facing environment, be proficient in scheduling, and also creating review campaigns. The successful candidate will need to stay in-the-loop on all current projects in order to generate referrals and build new business. The SSS will work directly with homeowner and business customers throughout the installation process and when their solar system is activated. The SSS will also assist in managing the proprietary Sun Badger Solar app, visualizing and helping implement continuous updates and improvements.
• Navigate customers through the solar process, especially during system start-up and the post installation process
• Understand the process of going solar from products to interconnection
• Facilitate a positive customer experience
• Promote overall positive and 5-star reviews on Google, Facebook, Solar Reviews and other thirdparty review sites
• Monitor and reply, when appropriate, to comments posted on Sun Badger Solar’s review platforms including Solar Reviews, Best Company, Google Reviews and other solar industry specific websites
• Follow up with customers on their solar experience as necessary
• Continue to build our referral network among existing customers and business partners. Drive measurable strategies and tactics to build a constant stream of referrals for new customers.
• Assist in managing our Sun Badger Solar app, ensuring all customers have an active account, and processing referral payments as needed
• Traveling about 2-3 days per week to visit customer homes for commissioning of the systems and monitoring set-up
• Travel will be done in the Sun Badger company Tesla (shown to the right). Sun Badger’s belief in clean energy resonates throughout the company, and driving Electric Vehicles is just one of the many ways we show this.
• Serve as the initial point of contact for customer issues and concerns, and coordinate with other internal teams to solve these issues
• Consistently work as a customer advocate and champion of the customer’s success in navigating the interconnection process
• Actively partner with project management to provide a culture of positive communication
• Database management, a strong knowledge of MS Office or Google Suite software including Excel, Google Sheets and similar programs
• Positive attitude
• Bachelor’s degree in business, communications or related field, or equivalent experience
• Strong track record of customer communication and addressing customer needs
• One or more year’s experience in residential solar industry experience desired but not required
• Knowledge of CRM and/or project management software
• Demonstration of strong technical aptitude and proficiency with Mac products and software
• Ability to travel
• Exceptional communication skills; ability to work in rapidly changing environment and comfort working independently