Clean Energy Job Board
Enel Green Power, part of Enel Group, is driving the future of sustainable energy, working to bring renewable energy to every corner of the planet. As one of the world’s leading renewable energy companies, we play a fundamental role in the energy transition, bringing our planet into a new era in which everyone has access to sustainable, decarbonized energy. We combine our purpose, passion and skills to create a cleaner and more sustainable future, constantly pushing technological limits and fostering stakeholder awareness. In the US and Canada, Enel Green Power is one of the leading and fastest growing renewable energy companies in the US and Canada, and the growth engine of our global renewable energy business. Our growth is driven by our people and our partnerships. We work with some of the largest corporations in the world, supporting the renewable energy goals of customers like Google, Anheuser-Busch, T-Mobile, Facebook, Adobe and Kohler, among others. Enel Green Power operates across the entire value chain from business development to long-term operations, fostering innovative solutions to produce green energy more efficiently and more sustainably. We aim to create shared value in the communities where we operate by combining the pursuit of our business with lasting contributions to socio-economic development.
Information not provided
This position will involve work at solar PV power plants maintaining, testing, and troubleshooting AC and DC circuits ranging from medium voltage (13.8kV and below) to 12VDC. The equipment that will need to be maintained includes: station service electrical equipment such as motors, and motor controls, electrical switchgear, transformers, inverters, solar PV panels, panel tracking mechanisms, electrical protective devices, main and auxiliary generators, lighting, power supplies, HVAC systems, security and battery support systems. This position will be responsible for troubleshooting and overhauling such equipment as well as preventative and predictive maintenance activities for the afore mentioned equipment.
- Testing, maintaining, troubleshooting, and replacing solar PV power plant related electrical equipment.
- Gaining technical information from electrical schematics, vendor information, and applicable codes.
- Perform current and voltage readings as necessary.
- Have an understanding of reliability based maintenance philosophies and work towards certifications such as CMRT and CMRP.
- Perform plant related preventative, reactive, and predictive maintenance scheduled by the Site Manager and/or Lead Technician.
- Initiate SAP Notifications and generate maintenance records associated with the electrical systems for the plants.
- Strict adherence to all EGPNA safety policies and procedures
- Documenting all work in SAP and generating feedback for Planning as necessary.
- Ability to operate independently, safely, and efficiently to maximize power generation and availability.
- Have after-hours availability be dispatched to site requiring immediate attention.
- Working knowledge of computer programs such as Microsoft office suite.
- Excellent communications, interpersonal, and organizational skills required
- Availability for daily regional travel to job sites as needed
- A valid driver’s license operable in all 50 states and Canada and a clean driving record. A clean driving records means:
- In the last 3 years, no driving-related suspension, revocation or cancellation, no disqualifying offenses, no more than 2 moving violations and no reckless driving incidents.
- In the last 5 years, no major driving offenses including DUI/DWI, refusal to test, leaving the scene, driving a commercial vehicle without a CDL, or at-fault fatal accident.
- The use of PPE is required and must be consistently used in accordance with EGPNA, NFPA, or OSHA guidelines.
- Associates degree or equivalent desired
- 0-3 years of related experience desired
- TX Electricians License
- Ability to prioritize workload to meet deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to use electrical test equipment such as, DMM, meggers and multi process calibration equipment
- Strong knowledge in electrical theory and troubleshooting techniques
- Operational power plant experience is a plus.
- Willingness to work overtime when required.