Clean Energy Job Board
Solid Waste Operations Engineer
$60,756.80 - $100,672.00 Annually
Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.- 5 p.m.
- Prepares, designs, authors specifications, and executes capital improvement, construction, and replacement projects.
- Serves as project manager, liaison, technical advisor, and key communicator for work performed by consultants as well as advisory groups, private and public agencies, and the public.
- Manages and develops new drawing files including legacy and original designed parts and sub-assemblies.
- Researches, prepares, and assists with recommendations for negotiating and managing contracts for goods and services, developing vendor relations and new sources of revenue.
- Compiles and evaluates operational data and prepares and maintains plant performance reports, metrics, and KPI’s.
- Provides maintenance engineering expertise and input on failure analysis and component risk mitigation through inventory management.
- Assists with the preparation of maintenance, operational and capital budgets.
- Develops, implements, and conducts safety and new equipment training for all staff and develops detailed operating procedures.
- Ensures plant compliance with operating permits and legal statutes and provides report data as required.
- Performs additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Minimum Qualifications of Education and Experience
A Bachelor’s degree in mechanical, manufacturing, electrical, industrial, or process engineering with two (2) years of experience in a technical related support role. Internships and related unpaid experience will count towards the experience.
Combination of education and experience equivalent to six (6) years of experience in a similar position as listed in the work functions.
Regular and reliable attendance is a necessary component of job/position. Individuals required to use County vehicles and equipment must have a valid driver’s license and be free of any major traffic violations for the last three (3) years.
Required Special Qualifications:
- One (1) year of proficiency using DraftSight, Autodesk, AutoCAD or equivalent 2D drafting software.
- One (1) year of proficiency using SolidWorks 3D software (Associate Certification preferred).
- Experience in Resource Recovery.
- A Minnesota Professional Engineer's License.
- Minnesota Grade A Stationary Engineer’s License Background in Waste-To-Energy Facilities.
- Experience in the design, construction, maintenance, management and/or operation of solid waste processing, energy producing or similar facilities.
- Boiler Operator Licensure or 1+ years working knowledge of Boiler Systems.
- Project Management Professional Certification.