Sr IT Systems Analyst Job
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Information not provided
40 hours per week
The Sr. Systems Analyst provides structured analysis, diagnostics, and coordination of technical aspects pertaining to IT solutions. They support development through driving clarity to business needs, and translating needs to technical requirements, stories or specifications. They provide technical expertise and support engineering of respective solutions. They ensure adherence to compliance and governance processes. They will participate in strategic releases, and may lead work on small enhancements. They will conduct advanced analytics to provide input to leaders regarding systems design.
- Analysis: Conduct analytics, provide analysis, investigation and reporting of findings related to IT existing or proposed solutions. Lead technical and non-functional requirements management activities. Utilize data extraction tools and structured methods to investigate and report on system health, proposed enhancements, or proposed solution designs. Identify and drive resolution to system gaps or operational risks. Partner cross-organizationally to ensure technical design accommodates data, security, architectural and other policies and standards.
- Operations: Maintain and execute installation and rollout plans for respective solutions. Support validation and measurement of business value for deployed solutions. Analyze system performance, participate in service restoration and RCA's, and provide recommendations as needed to sustain stable operation.
- Relationship Management: Work in strong partnership with business, team, and various other areas of the organization. Establish a deep acumen of respective business functions, business needs and objectives, and business strategy. Drive continuous improvement and innovation to customer capabilities. Work collaboratively across architecture, security, data, sourcing and other teams to ensure solutions are compliant and secure.
- Subject Matter Expertise: Sustain deep acumen in analytical methods and tools, industry trends and organizational goals to ensure optimal technology solutions are sought.
- Five years of related functional experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Technology, Science, Business or related field, or 4 years of experience equivalent to the position.
- Excellent communication skills, effective with varying organizational levels and skill set, and able to translate between technical and non-technical concepts.
- Excellent Relationship Management and collaboration skills, with a track record of working as one team cross-organizationally to drive inovation and business results.
- Experience managing aspects of technical solution end-to-end lifecycle.
- In-depth knowledge of development and operational technology and software.
- Demonstrated success working with complex technologies, data models, tools and structured methods.
- Expertise in comprehending and translating business needs into technical solutions.
- Proven ability to analyze and design for both functional and non-functional needs.
- Ability to understand changes in technology in detail, and determine how best to source technology to meet the clients needs.
- Ability to understand business processes and coordinate with other developers in system deployment.
- Experience and understanding of core IT Service Management functions, such as Change Management and Incident Management.