Clean Energy Job Board
Subscription Outreach Manager
Cooperative Energy Futures (CEF) is a member-owned cooperative business focused on advancing energy democracy through community-controlled renewable energy and energy efficiency. CEF is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer and sees unique and diverse perspectives as essential to be able to achieve our mission and live our values. Cooperative Energy Futures develops and operates community solar gardens, currently with 8 projects across Minnesota offsetting the electricity needs of 700 member households at an immediate net savings to our members. CEF has a particular focus on economic and racial justice, working to ensure that all projects are developed using an economic model that is deeply accessible to members regardless of income or credit and including options available at no upfront cost and net monthly savings, as well as prioritizing workforce equity in the solar industry. CEF uses member participation in these projects to build community wealth and activate members from many different communities around a vision for our energy future that is rooted in community-controlled clean energy.
$48,000-$56,000 annual salary based on experience
Primarily afternoons and evenings with some weekend times for community outreach activities.
This position is responsible for designing, managing, and implementing member engagement and outreach, solar subscription sales, and ongoing member support and communications. This position will work with and guide an outreach team whose role integrates community outreach, engagement, sales, and customer support roles working in and with a wide range of member communities. The outreach team will primarily engage members in community solar subscription opportunities, but also on other clean energy opportunities that may arise. This person will be responsible for both team management and outreach strategy development as well as direct outreach and subscriber engagement.
Manage and Direct the Subscription Outreach Team
- Coach other members of the Subscription Outreach team and build team capacity, including coordinating with existing CEF staff and outside trainers to provide technical, sales, and outreach training as necessary to ensure team effectiveness.
- Structure and facilitate outreach planning/targeting process, including holding overall responsibility for developing outreach plans in concert with other team members.
- Manage formal relationships, expectations, and obligations under Memoranda of Understanding with partner organizations assisting with community engagement.
- Manage Outreach team efforts to ensure timely performance of subscriber engagement goals.
Develop and support ongoing community outreach partnerships
- Establish and sustain long-term community outreach partnerships with local organizations, initially for specific communities where emerging solar projects are available for community participation, and later in new communities to help launch new projects.
- Adapt (and translate if hired for non-English outreach) existing template outreach materials to the needs of target communities and partners.
- Conduct informational community workshops, events, and other outreach activities in partnership with outreach partners to invite community members to join as solar subscribers.
Enroll interested subscribers
- Contact individual prospective subscribers reached through community outreach to answer questions they may have and get them started on the process of subscribing.
- Walk individual prospective subscribers through all steps of the subscription sign-up process, including clear and effective closing of sales and proactive subscriber contact and support.
- Proactive subscriber communication during garden development and early operations.
Ongoing Subscriber Support and Member Engagement:
- Respond to subscriber questions (or refer to CEF Subscriptions Manager as relevant), assist with subscription transfers (person moves to a new address or transfers their subscription to another household), and support CEF administrative staff in engaging with subscribers as needed.
- Reach out to subscribers engaged 2-3 times during the initial months that their project is operating to answer any questions and at least once annually during garden operation.
- Collaborate with other staff to design and invite members to participate in other CEF activities, including other services, public advocacy, outreach for new projects, and member events.
- Other outreach and engagement projects as assigned.
- 2 years experience in community outreach, organizing, or sales to individuals.
- Experience with managing other staff or volunteers, including helping team members set work-plans and achieve goals.
- Experience with meeting facilitation and developing action plans as a group.
- Experience with collaborating with other organizations around shared goals.
- Personable, outgoing, and able to easily reach and build relationships with new people from a wide range of backgrounds.
- Experience or comfort with sales, and able to secure clear commitment from customers.
- Detail-oriented and organized, able to maintain consistent follow-up with a large number of individuals at different stages of the sign-up process.
- Able to learn and consistently use organizational software and subscriber data systems.
- Able to retain complex and detailed information about subscriptions and solar projects and to communicate clearly and understandably based on prospective subscriber needs.
- Must be reliable, self-motivated individual who can take direction and be trusted to work independently with minimal supervision.
- A team player with strong ability to work in a collaborative environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and juggle time-sensitive tasks on deadline.
- Interest passion for clean energy.
- Commitment to the environment and to working with community-based organizations and culturally diverse communities.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Access to reliable form of transportation.
- Spanish or Somali language fluency.
- Experience with customer relations, customer communications, and addressing customer concerns and issues.
- Existing relationships with community-based organizations in one or more target communities.
- Familiarity with community solar or other clean energy outreach.
- Experience volunteering or working on environmental or social justice issues.
- Access to vehicle and valid driver’s license.
Submit a Resume and a Written Statement explaining why you are interested in this position to email@example.com. We will send additional follow up questions and interview scheduling to candidates we wish to interview. This position will remain open until filled.