Clean Energy Job Board
Who We Are:
The Shakopee Mdewakanton Sioux Community contributes to causes, organizations and tribes across the region, state and country. The SMSC has donated more than $350 million to organizations and causes, provided $500 million in economic development loans to other tribes, and contributed millions more to support regional governments and infrastructure. The SMSC's Native Green initiative annually diverts hundreds of tons of waste from landfills, has implemented compostable containers throughout our properties and restored hundreds of acres of prairie land. Team members are eligible to participate in SMSC Gives, a community outreach initiative. Learn more at shakopeedakota.org.
Salary is based on a combination of education and experience
Monday thru Friday
Collaborate with government operations, enterprise businesses, and Community Members of the SMSC to identify and develop community-wide sustainability programs. Monitor those programs’ progress and success in part through updates to and analysis of SMSC’s Community-Wide Greenhouse Gas Inventory. Work to develop carbon-free/renewable energy resources and assess energy conservation measures at SMSC’s enterprise and government facilities. Work with interns and consultants to fulfill SMSC’s sustainability objectives; submit requests for and manage applicable grants and interns. Also see: https://www.smscnativegreen.org/
Manage the Community's NativeGreen Initiatives budget and relevant grants.
- Outreach and Collaboration: work across SMSC departments, with Community Members, and with other organizations and communities to develop and pursue common goals for sustainability.
- Provide direct support to enterprise businesses and government operations' department-level sustainability objectives.
- Oversee and coordinate tasks performed by interns and consultants.
- Maintain and analyze sustainability metrics, including the SMSC's Greenhouse Gas Inventory.
- Grants Administration: Pursue new grant opportunities and support awarded grants' recordkeeping and reporting.
- Environmental Sciences, or related field preferred.
- 3 years' experience in sustainability and/or energy efficiency.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Exhibits objectivity, openness to other's views, and gives and welcomes feedback. Experience in public speaking/marketing/outreach is a plus.
- Experience or familiarity working in or with tribal communities.
- Certified Energy Manager designation is a plus.
- Experience with B3, Energy Star, Zero Energy Buildings, LEED, energy efficiency retrofits and/or sustainable new construction design is a plus.
- Experience with sustainable purchasing policies and/or business practices is a plus.
- Experience calculating Greenhouse Gas emissions is a plus.
- Transportation planning and/or community planning experience is a plus.
- Grant writing and reporting experience is a plus.