Power System Engineering, Inc. (PSE) is a full-service consulting firm providing professional services to electric utilities, independent power producers, renewable energy developers, and industrial facilities. PSE is growing, and we are looking to add to our team of forward thinking and energetic individuals who share common values and a mission of helping clients and colleagues achieve their goals.
Information not provided
40 hours per week
The following are essential responsibilities of this position and do not include marginal functions that are incidental to the performance of the fundamental job duties. The scope and duties of this position may change or be altered based on client needs and company direction.
- Manage client relationships, provide client support in areas of technical competencies, and coordinate client support by other PSE colleagues outside of technical competencies.
- Proactively communicate with clients on a regular basis to assure PSE is meeting their needs.
- With the support of PSE colleagues, provide day-to-day technical operations support to clients including, but not limited to, switching procedures, motor starting analysis, equipment sizing and specifications, system maintenance, relay and control setting, and power quality investigations.
- With the support of PSE colleagues, perform utility studies, including but not limited to, long- rage plans, construction work plans, distributed energy resource system impact studies, protection/sectionalizing, arc flash, power factor correction, and system reliability.
- With the support of PSE colleagues, perform engineering economic analysis of client projects and annual operations and maintenance expenses.
- Work in a cooperative fashion with PSE colleagues to maximize client support offerings.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering (required)
- Ability to obtain a Professional Engineer license within a 2-year period of hire date (required)
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in the electric power industry (required)
- Working knowledge of the NESC and applicable IEEE standards (preferred)
- Exceptional communication skills
- Able to work individually or as part of a team
- Normal office conditions
- Work from home when needed
- Travel to Client locations as needed