Wright County Community Action (WCCA) was founded and has been in continuous service to the community since 1965. We are a private, 501(c)3 non-profit corporation and the designated Community Action Agency serving residents of Wright County. We also administer Head Start services in the western 1/3 of Hennepin County. Over the course of our 53 years in this community, we’ve actively pursued our mission through a range of programs that target safe housing, hunger, nutrition, education, energy assistance, and a variety of other services that promote economic independence for people with low incomes. We strive to address economic disadvantage and community development with a multifaceted approach that individually confronts each challenge faced by low-income families. At our core, we strive to help the people we serve, build a path to a brighter, more secure future, and we’re constantly looking for new ways to serve through innovative programs and community partnerships.
$21.00 - $23.00 per hour
40 hours per week Monday - Friday 8:00 - 4:30pm
- Weatherization Budgeting and Expenditure and related Financial Tracking
- Assure on-going maintenance, understanding, and implementation of applicable laws rules and regulations pertaining to all related Weatherization programs.
- Coordinate community outreach and public information regarding Weatherization services so that the target population and general public is aware of the program and agency services.
- Maintain current written inventory of community resources for appropriate referral services.
- Provide individual education and counseling to clients regarding Weatherization services and other related programs in a confidential manner.
- Coordinate the provision of Weatherization services to clients through local contractors.
- Responsible for knowing MN State Weatherization Policy Manual program rules and guidelines
- Provide follow-up and referrals to clients as needed and prepare and maintain confidential client files.
- Coordinate the purchasing and maintenance of the on-going inventory of equipment
- Develop and negotiate contracts and agreements for Weatherization programs and services.
- Maintain working relationship grantors and local units of government and partners.
- Prepares Grant Applications and related written reports, plans and documents for the Weatherization programs as needed.
- Prepares written operating policies and procedures that guide the Weatherization programs and other assigned projects and activities.
- Maintain professional job related skills and abilities by participating in approved and assigned training, workshops, conferences and meetings.
- Maintain open communication with supervisor and support staff on operations of Weatherization programs.
- Conducts weatherization audits on client homes using a wide variety of testing a diagnostic equipment (blower door, infrared cameras, CO testing, efficiency tests, etc.)
- Operate computers in daily operations including tracking and retrieving client information, entering audit data, word processing, and other related documents and correspondence.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- High School or equivalent with three (3) or more years or experience in the direct management, supervision and implementation of housing or energy -related programs.
- Current Building Performance Institute (BPI) Energy Auditor certification required.
- Preferred experience in residential energy auditing, including US DOE Weatherization Protocol and furnace testing experience. Required Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated ability in administration, personnel management and operations of related programs.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare written plans, budgets, and program descriptions and control program operations.
- Must be computer and technology capable and current in common and custom applications.
- Must possess strong communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with varied socio-economic clients from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to attend job related training and regular day and night time meetings.
- Must have access to transportation for regular, local business travel.
Use our employment link or reach out to Human Resources at 320-963-6500 ext. 225