Webinar: Saint Paul Energy Benchmarking Data Jam 4
Data Jams are a series of trainings designed to help building owners and managers benchmark and reduce energy usage on their property(ies).
About this Event
The City of Saint Paul is hosting a benchmarking data jam to help building owners and managers efficiently track and manage energy usage and comply with the City's Energy Benchmarking Ordinance. This training will take place virtually.
Please plan to attend the training for the entire time, between 8:00am and 12:00pm. From 8:00am to 10:00am, there will be a formal presentation. Then, within the 10:00am to 12:00pm time period, you will have a 15 minute one-on-one with a benchmarking professional. You may have to wait to attend a one-on-one, but we will get to everyone as quickly as we can.
After you register, you will receive an email with information on how to access the training virtually.
If you have questions or need tech help, please text Brady Steigauf at 612-244-2485.
At this free, half-day ‘data jam’ training session, you will:
- learn how to comply with the City of Saint Paul's benchmarking policy
- benchmark your building(s) with the help of benchmarking technical assistants
- utilize NEW online tools to benchmark energy usage
- learn how to use and interpret benchmarking results
By the end of the session, your properties will be set up in the free, online benchmarking tool, ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager, and your gas and electric utility data will automatically upload into your account. You will be compliance-ready.
Who should attend?
Building owners, managers, and operators of commercial and multifamily buildings 50,000 sq.ft. and greater.
Whether you are new to benchmarking or not, this data jam will provide new and valuable information on how to benchmark your building efficiently using new automated utility data tools.
The City of Saint Paul recently passed an ordinance requiring owners and managers of multi-family and commercial buildings 50,000 sq.ft. and larger to annually benchmark their energy and water consumption. Owners of buildings between 50,000 and 99,999 sq.ft. are required to benchmark by June 1, 2020. Owners of buildings 100,000 sq.ft. and larger are required to benchmark by June 1, 2021.
Seats are limited and registration is required, so register today!
Please have the following ready during the virtual training:
- Laptop or tablet (equipped with Microsoft Excel or GoogleSheets)
- Property Address
- Property Use Details*
- Total Gross Floor Area of Property**
- Year Built
- Occupancy (%) See ENERGY STAR definition here.
- At least one utility bill for all Xcel Energy and District Energy accounts
- 2019 utility bills for Saint Paul Regional Water Services. Invoices must cover usage from Jan. 1, 2019 - Dec. 31, 2019, which might entail 14 utility bills
*Additional required information varies by building type. Refer to ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager's Data Collection Worksheet.
**Total gross floor area includes the entire floor area of the building, including common areas and leased space.
Contact Building Energy Advisor Molly Smith | firstname.lastname@example.org | (651) 266-6653