Wind Site Manager-Palmers Creek
GE Renewable Energy harnesses the earth’s most abundant resources – the strength of the wind, the heat of the sun and the force of water – to power the world’s biggest economies and the most remote communities.
With an innovative spirit and an entrepreneurial mindset, we engineer energy products and digital services that create industry-leading value for our customers around the world.
We see the promise of renewable energy everywhere we look. Our team has the courage, scale, passion, diversity and resourcefulness needed to deliver that promise wherever and however the world needs it.
Together with our customers, we’re proving that no one ever has to choose between affordable, reliable, or sustainable energy.
We are unleashing limitless energy.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Based on qualifications.
40 hours a week.
The Wind Site Manager for the Palmers Creek Wind Farm in Granite Falls, MN will direct all wind farm operations for maintenance and repair. You will focus on performance and profitability within the framework of the operating plan. In this role, you will develop strategy for improved maintenance, diagnostic and operation to provide additional customer value and reduce cost of service.
As the Wind Site Manager at the Palmers Creek Wind Farm, you will:
- Direct all Wind farm operations at the site for maintenance and repair, focusing on performance and profitability and within the framework of the Operating Plan
- Develop strategy for improved maintenance diagnostic and operation to provide additional customer value and reduce cost of service
- Direct the performance of Wind Field Operation within assigned contractual scope of responsibilities to customers
- Present a positive professional face of GE in the community and with the customer
- Recruit, develop, retain and manage personnel resources at sites driving professional standards and matrix development of personnel
- Demonstrate responsibility for all phases of timely financial reporting, elimination of contractual liquid damages, and availability of turbines
- Integrate the operations perspective into all job proposal initiatives with the elimination of liquid damages and new revenue streams
- Work closely with internal GE users to develop and implement Operation focused feedback for configuration, planned and unplanned maintenance, and financials
- Implement Operation Safety Policy Instructions, conduct field work in compliance with OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration) applicable regulations and encourage good employee safety practices
- Participate and Lead Business Lean Six Sigma process
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university (OR a High School Diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of experience in a field services role)
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a field services managerial role
- Ability and willingness to possess and maintain a valid driver's license and willingness to submit to a check of driving record
- Ability to work effectively in a matrix environment and within all levels of the organization
- Executive presentation skills
- Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university
- Previous managerial experience with field operations or as a Wind Site Manager
- Six Sigma Green Belt certification or equivalent quality certification
- Wind turbine or rotating equipment experience
- Experience with field service technology and processes
- Knowledge of network infrastructure, communication protocols and WEB technology
- Proven record of P&L (Profit & Loss) responsibilities and direct report experience of 5 employees
- Strong analytical capabilities and ability to thrive in cross functional and team environments
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills to work in team
Apply through link.