Wind & Solar Program Manager
MISO manages the electricity super highway in the Central U.S. Through use of groundbreaking research and advanced technology, our highly skilled employees ensure power flows reliably to 42 million Americans. We make certain that the right amount of electricity is generated and delivered dependably and cost-effectively every minute of every day. MISO makes this happen by operating one of the world’s largest energy markets, with $25 billion in annual transactions. We are committed to being a trusted partner to our members and we strive to be the most reliable, value-creating Regional Transmission Organization.
Operating the electricity grid, running a robust energy market, planning for a bright future – it’s what our immensely talented and dedicated team does every day.
Depends on qualifications
40 hours per week
Program Manager within MISO’s Market Development & Strategy division focused on key areas of need for the future of the grid. Maintain holistic view and facilitate development and execution of coordinated strategy of multiple work streams across diverse divisions within MISO. Develop and maintain clear line of sight to budget, resource planning and schedules for projects that may be led by multiple functions (example: IT, market operations, system planning, market development) to maximize synergies, understand sequencing needs and enable simple communication of status for short-term and long-term perspectives. Develop and manage program risk management and internal/external stakeholder engagement plans.
- Ability to lead cross functional teams, coordinate activities across disparate groups, manage ambiguity, prioritize, and multi-task will be essential.
- Clear collaboration skills with both technical and non-technical groups, strong attention to details, superior organization skills, and successful experience developing and implementing functional processes are necessary.
- Provide strategic advice on the development, approach and delivery of new market products, processes and/or systems
- Manage multiple projects to meet agreed quality, time and cost objectives.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Diplomatic, persuasive and articulate communication style to establish and maintain rapport with internal and external stakeholders
- Business acumen, strong analytical and problem solving skills, reliability and sound judgment
- Manage the development of project scope, works deliverables, budgets, resource planning and schedules for identified initiatives
- Understand project risks and manage risks and issues throughout the project or program lifecycle.
- Provide innovative and process improvement solutions by applying past experiences and knowledge to resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Manage the budget and provide/review accurate and timely reporting on all projects.
- Lead and communicate multi-discipline project activities across all domains
- Develop plans and drive both internal and external stakeholder engagement
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Economics, Business or related field, (or a minimum of 16 years applicable experience in lieu of a degree), required
- A minimum of twelve years of applicable experience, required
- Project or program management experience, required
- MBA with strategy emphasis, highly preferred
- Five or more years of energy industry experience with renewable energy, distributed energy resources and/or advance grid technologies, highly preferred
- Product development strategy experience or a prior role in a consumer insights team, preferred
- Agile and/or PMP certification, preferred
- JIRA and Confluence proficiency, preferred
- Limited travel required; up to 10-30%. May require out-of-state travel via airplane with overnight stays.