Clean Energy Job Board
Workforce Program Coordinator
Center for Energy and Environment is a community-based clean energy nonprofit with offices in the North Loop of Minneapolis and St. Paul's Midway. We provide practical energy solutions for homes, businesses, and communities to cut energy waste and harmful emissions. We collaborate regularly with field peers and partners and employ curious people who enjoy learning and contributing to Minnesota's quality of life and economy. Our workplace invites open door communications, respect for diverse backgrounds and points of view, and an emphasis on work-life balance.
Dependent upon qualifications and experience, we expect the hiring range for the position to be $24.50 - $26.
Workforce Program Coordinator
The primary function of this role will be to coordinate the recruitment, outreach, and retention efforts of CEE’s workforce program(s). CEE is seeking an individual experienced in outreach, recruitment and coordination for employment services or workforce development programs in a non-profit or social service setting.
This role will support the Workforce Program Manager and Workforce Training Manager in ensuring the success of CEE's workforce programs. In this role, the Workforce Program Coordinator will partner with adult and young adult trainees in accessing careers with family sustaining wages in the energy efficiency sector. Participants in the Workforce program(s) may be facing multiple obstacles to employment such as housing and food insecurity, barriers related to prior justice involvement, and chemical health dependency.
We are looking for someone who is adept at working with communities of color, immigrant, and refugee communities, and those who have experienced material or economic poverty. This role will also include expanding our efforts in partnering with local community groups, nonprofits, high schools, workforce agencies, and technical colleges.
Outreach and Recruitment
Navigation of Services / Training Coordination
- Collaborate and communicate with Case Management and Career Navigators from partner organizations to ensure best practices for trainee retention and social service needs are being met
- Attend meetings with Case Management or Navigator staff at workforce agencies to address obstacles a client or trainee may be experiencing and identify steps to address it (i.e. obstacles may be related to transportation, housing, or childcare)
- Provide follow-up navigation services after the trainee completes the workforce program in partnership with workforce agency staff
- Coordinate with internship host companies and organizations to ease transition from training to internships.
- Assist with day-to-day logistics of Workforce programs’ training implementation including classroom preparation, technology set-up, picking up food and refreshments.
- Ability to speak and communicate effectively in language(s) in addition to English including Somali, Oromo, Amharic, Spanish, Karen, Karenni, or Hmong
- Previous experience in income-eligible programs or weatherization programs
- Database experience
Throughout the pandemic, CEE has made the safety of our workforce our priority. We require all employees to be fully vaccinated unless a reasonable accommodation is provided based on disability or sincerely held religious belief. Candidates will be required to provide proof of vaccination upon hire.
Apply online by visiting https://www.mncee.org/work-with-us