Clean Energy Job Board
Workforce Program Coordinator
The primary function of this role will be to coordinate the recruitment, outreach, and retention efforts of CEE’s workforce program(s). CEE is seeking an individual experienced in outreach, recruitment and coordination for employment services or workforce development programs in a non-profit or social service setting.
This role will support the Workforce Program Manager and Workforce Training Manager in ensuring the success of CEE's workforce programs. In this role, the Workforce Program Coordinator will partner with adult and young adult trainees in accessing careers with family sustaining wages in the energy efficiency sector. Participants in the Workforce program(s) may be facing multiple obstacles to employment such as housing and food insecurity, barriers related to prior justice involvement, and chemical health dependency.
We are looking for someone who is adept at working with communities of color, immigrant and refugee communities, and those who have experienced material or economic poverty. This role will also include expanding our efforts in partnering with local community groups, nonprofits, high schools, workforce agencies, and technical colleges.
CEE is a community-based clean energy nonprofit with offices in the North Loop of Minneapolis and St. Paul's Midway. We provide practical energy solutions for homes, businesses, and communities to cut energy waste and harmful emissions. We collaborate regularly with field peers and partners and employ curious people who enjoy learning and contributing to Minnesota's quality of life and economy. Our workplace invites open door communications, respect for diverse backgrounds and points of view, and an emphasis on work-life balance.
Dependent upon qualifications and experience, we expect the hiring range for the position to be $24.50 - $26.
Outreach and Recruitment:
- Plan outreach and recruitment efforts to support the Workforce programs
- Present and speak with local community groups, high schools with work-based learning programs (i.e. Tartan High School, North, Central High) nonprofits, workforce agencies (i.e. Ramsey County WIB), technical colleges and assist the Workforce Program Manager in creating a strategy to guide retention and recruitment efforts
- Build effective relationships with organizations in the metro area including Suburban Hennepin County and expansion into Greater Minnesota
- Assist with registration of new trainees and provide clear communication to those interested in the program regarding the enrollment process
- Identify new nonprofits, workforce agencies, and technical colleges to expand our efforts in growing workforce programming for energy efficiency careers
- Attend or host job fairs and other events to search for potential trainees
- Conduct or assist in conducting group or one-on-one program information/overviews for potential trainees
- Determine program eligibility of trainees and manage referrals and screens to make sure participants meet eligibility guidelines
- Respond to inquiries regarding the Workforce Development program
- Refer individuals to other programs or community agencies when CEE’s Workforce Program is not appropriate
- Communicate with agencies and partners to coordinate external referrals
Navigation of Services / Training Coordination:
- Collaborate and communicate with Case Management and Career Navigators from partner organizations to ensure best practices for trainee retention and social service needs are being met
- Attend meetings with Case Management or Navigator staff at workforce agencies to address obstacles a client or trainee may be experiencing and identify steps to address it (i.e. obstacles may be related to transportation, housing, or childcare)
- Provide follow-up navigation services after the trainee completes the workforce program in partnership with workforce agency staff
- Coordinate with internship host companies and organizations to ease transition from training to internships.
- Assist with day-to-day logistics of Workforce programs’ training implementation including classroom preparation, technology set-up, picking up food and refreshments.
- 1-3 years experience in community outreach, recruitment, and coordination for employment services or workforce development programs in a non-profit or social service setting
- Knowledge of best practices in community partnership building, specifically in partnering with BIPOC communities in workforce development
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including public presentation skills
- Ability to work self-directed and independently with minimal supervision as well as on a team
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proven ability to work with Microsoft Office suite of products
- Ability to speak and communicate effectively in language(s) in addition to English including Somali, Oromo, Amharic, Spanish, Karen, Karenni, or Hmong
- Previous experience in income-eligible programs or weatherization programs
- Database experience
Throughout the pandemic, CEE has made the safety of our workforce our first priority. We require all employees to be fully vaccinated unless a reasonable accommodation is provided based on disability or sincerely held religious belief. Candidates will be required to provide proof of vaccination upon hire.