Clean Energy Job Board
Workforce Program Manager
Center for Energy and Environment is a community-based clean energy nonprofit with offices in the North Loop of Minneapolis and St. Paul’s Midway. We provide practical energy solutions for homes, businesses, and communities to cut energy waste and harmful emissions. We collaborate regularly with field peers and partners and employ curious people who enjoy learning and contributing to Minnesota’s quality of life and economy. We invite open-door communications and respect for diverse backgrounds and points of view, with an emphasis on work–life balance. Our great culture has resulted in being named one of the Top 150 Workplaces in Minnesota by the Star Tribune.
Anticipated hiring range for this position is $65 - $70k
The Workforce Program Manager is tasked with developing and implementing CEE’s new energy efficiency workforce development programming. The core program is a classroom / hands-on training followed by extended field internship and job placement training in multiple energy efficiency trades. The Workforce Program Manager will manage CEE’s workforce training program including coordinating partnerships with workforce development partners, trainers, funders, and trainees. This position reports to the Director of Residential Programs.
- Ensure the delivery of high-quality training programming that results in job placements and long-term energy efficiency careers for participants
- Develop and maintain partnerships with potential employers who would place trainees
- Collaborate with local governments on potential career pathways and funding opportunities
- Coordinate with workforce development partners to identify candidates, identify gaps in wraparound services and identify needs for additional skills training
- Identify and engage potential trainers inside and outside CEE by networking with experienced workers, employers, and vocational educators
- Coordinate with Training Manager to plan trainings including facilities, materials, IT equipment, scheduling trainers and other logistics as necessary
- Collaborate with employers, trainers, instructional designers, and content experts to create and revise curriculum to prepare trainees for future jobs
- Identify and maintain relationships with potential partners to help participants start their own small businesses. Partners would have experience in business creation, small business management, sales, and entrepreneurial skills.
- Identify and secure funding sources, work with Director of Residential Programs and Program Development department to pursue funding opportunities and respond to RFPs
- Develop evaluation methods and metrics that ensure program success and effectiveness
- Collaborate closely with funders on program metrics, establishing and reporting on deliverables, contributing to regulatory status reports
- Manage program budget
- Market/represent program to potential funders and partners
- Supervise internal training staff and other support staff as the program grows
- Other duties as assigned or apparent
Qualifications/ Job Requirements
- Five years of experience in the workforce development field
- Experience and good track record managing programs and supervising staff
- Solid working knowledge of construction and/or energy efficiency industries
- Strong intercultural agility and experience working among populations who have historically experienced economic or material poverty.
- Experience in creating effective working relationships with a variety of stakeholders including but not limited to participants, employer partners, post-secondary educators, nonprofit agencies, city and county representatives
- Demonstrated leadership, organizational and project management skills
- Proven ability to work with Microsoft Office suite of products
- Ability to multi-task and work independently
- Must have access to reliable transportation
- Demonstrated skills in consensus building
- Communicate effectively and persuasively both verbally and in writing
Apply online by visiting https://www.mncee.org/work-with-us