Central CERT empowers communities and their members to adopt energy conservation, energy efficiency, and renewable energy technologies and practices. Join us!
- Advance community solar gardens and engage low-income residents, youth and utilities in development of new community solar models
- Scale-up solar thermal through targeted outreach to sectors primed to adopt solar thermal technologies
- Increase education and implementation of biomass technologies and projects
- Advance work with local units of government around Minnesota GreenStep Cities, Guaranteed Energy Savings Program (GESP) and other opportunities
Upcoming Central Events
in 117 Pleasant St SE
in Saint Paul
9:00am to 11:00am
Recent Blog Posts
Mon, 02/20/2017 - 1:39pm
Minnesota and California along with six school districts and several national organizations are implementing partners in the U.S. Department of Energy’s (DOE) new Zero Energy Schools Accelerator program, the DOE announced on Dec. 6. The Accelerator is part of the DOE’s Better Buildings Initiative...
Wed, 02/08/2017 - 10:29am
The Minnesota Pollution Control Agency (MPCA) is accepting applications from organizations interested in participating as a host site for the 2017-2018 year of the Minnesota GreenCorps program. Applications from eligible organizations interested in hosting Minnesota GreenCorps members are due by 5:...
Tue, 02/07/2017 - 4:27pm
Paws + Claws Rescue & Resort in Hackensack, MN is building a brand new facility that will open in late Spring 2017. They will be working hard to make sure that their shelter pets find the forever homes they deserve, and thanks in part to a Central CERT Seed Grant, their new headquarters will...
Central Case Studies
The story of Noah and the Ark, a man building a gigantic boat in preparation for a flood that no one else believed was coming, is familiar to most....
If imitation is truly the sincerest form of flattery, Chuck Waibel and Carol Ford should be blushing. In the fall and winter of 2012 in Ashby,...
Director and Instructor of the Center for Renewable Energy Education & Demonstration, Roger Aiken recently took some time to sit down with CERTs...
- Amy Collins, Missouri River Energy Services
- Jason Edens, RREAL
- Sandy Gunderson, Becker County
- Andrea Lauer, City of Royalton
- Hank Ludtke, City of Frazee
- Ron Nelson, Central Lakes College
- Eugene Scales, Eugene Scales & Associates
- Quinn Swanson, Happy Dancing Turtle and Hunt Utilities Group
- Diomy Zamora, University of Minnesota Extension
- Molly Zins, U of M Central Regional Sustainable Development Partnership